Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: puzzle [+] [View All]
Kreisler Buy
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
http://www.eternityii.com/

Wow, now that's a little ambitious in prize money for someone to complete the 256 puzzle on this boardgame. $2,000,000 for the first person to solve it.

No I didn't type in extra zeroes. 2 million. period.

Man I don't even have $20K to start off with to print a boardgame haha.

Now that is a BIG budget marketing publicity blitz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Interesting. I used to see the original Eternity Puzzle (called the Puzzle Worth A Million) on a regular thrift store sweep, but since it was solved a couple of months after release, the prize money from it is long-long gone. I read up on it though, and it seems that the winning teams enlisted the use of computers to figure it out somewhat... I wonder how long this one will take a team to solve with faster modern computing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that most of these big giveaway prizes are underwritten by insurance agencies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hor
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Bah... you gotta buy the puzzle, which is priced at £35, to even start to solve it. And if you want clues for what promises to be an insane puzzle, they're available at £10 and £20.
So that's £65 for the whole lot.

Thanks, but I think I'd rather spend my time and money on some real games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
DHEK wrote:
...for what promises to be an insane puzzle...

Considering the computing power (and brain power for that matter) thrown at the first one, I would think that will be an understatement. Especially if the guy learned anything from designing the first one and having it solved so quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgina Coates
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
The prize money is certainly amazing!!

It's all getting really exciting as Eternity II is now launching this month (28th July). I've been scanning the web and there are loads of groups springing up who want to set up syndicates- anything to their hands on some cash. Facebook and Myspace already has a number of groups.
There is also a guy in the US who reakons he can crack the game in a day!!

I reakon it is going to be absolutly manic on the Saturday, espeically when there are so many people getting their computers ready with software which they think can crack the code.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.