$35.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Neanderthal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I use the actions of my Daughters and Elder the same round I mature them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that if a hunt would free a disc from an immature Elder, eg Firestarter then you can’t use the Elders ability during this Hunt and it only becomes available to use on the next Hunt.

So in the example of a Firestarter, I can’t remove a disc off a Firestarter with the Flint mine thereby maturing him and then protect my hunters from Frostbite until the next round's hunt.

However my question is, if I free a disc from say an immature Daughter, can I use her Portal action in the same round, since it is outside the Hunt Phase and will be used during the last phase of this round? Or do I have to wait until the next round?

Similarly, if I was Tribal and matured my Shaman during a hunt can I then play out a Domesticated animal card during the same round he matured? Since the playing of the card is past the hunting phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the abilities of a mature elder or daughter immediately. You just can't apply a newly matured elder's abilities retroactively to that particular hunt roll. But you can assign hunters to two animals and use the successful hunt of the first to mature an elder whose ability can be used in the second hunt, including knapper alpha or firestarter protections. The example in G8 in the rulebook makes this explicit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.