Subject: Can a Promiscuous species marry foreign Daughters and if so how rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand being Promiscuous means I can’t marry my own Daughter cards.

However am I also right in thinking, I can court a foreign daughter and if successful, I return the courting hunter to my unassigned hunters and place one of my hunters from the deadpool as a new mature husband?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that if you are promiscuous and successfully court a foreign daughter you do not get to place a cube from your supply as a husband, but as a wanderlust hunter.

The only way to place husbands while being promiscuous that I can think of off the top of my head is the one daughter ability that lets you do so ("Music" or something like that)

And I think if you place husbands and then convert to promiscuity they stay married too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
ah thanks for the quick reply, I read that bit but misinterpreted what it meant in the rules.

I've just gone back and reread it and yeah your right.

Sorry but the rules are so jargony its impossible for me at least to make sense of them most of the time.

I believe what I do is

if a promiscuous species successfully courts a foreign Daughter they bring back the courting Hunter and they take one of the promiscuous hunters from the dead pile and it replaces one of the foreign hunters.

Which like you said is the same as placing a hunter due to the wanderlust event.

I assume if the foreign species have no unassigned hunters, the promiscuous species can't do this however would I be right in thinking, courtships are done after all the other hunts have been resolved and so there is every likelihood the foreign player would have returned their hunters back to be unassigned hunters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chainsaw_ash wrote:
ah thanks for the quick reply, I read that bit but misinterpreted what it meant in the rules.

I've just gone back and reread it and yeah your right.

Sorry but the rules are so jargony its impossible for me at least to make sense of them most of the time.

I believe what I do is

if a promiscuous species successfully courts a foreign Daughter they bring back the courting Hunter and they take one of the promiscuous hunters from the dead pile and it replaces one of the foreign hunters.

Which like you said is the same as placing a hunter due to the wanderlust event.

I assume if the foreign species have no unassigned hunters, the promiscuous species can't do this however would I be right in thinking, courtships are done after all the other hunts have been resolved and so there is every likelihood the foreign player would have returned their hunters back to be unassigned hunters?
You are right, the wanderlust hunter replaces an existing hunter. That's something I must have previously overlooked.

I don't think it matters if they have unassigned hunters, nothing in the rules says to replace an unassigned hunter after all, and it would make no difference to replace an assigned hunter as long as it would be a legal place to assign a wanderlust hunter to. I.e. it's in a party of at least 2 cubes so that a chaperone is still present as per D6.

Also, when somebody gains wanderlust hunters due to an event those are not replacements, they are added to the pool of the player they wander to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chainsaw_ash wrote:
courtships are done after all the other hunts have been resolved

This is not so. Hunt order is:
1) Uncontested courtships and uncontested non-predator biomes in any order.
2) Contested courtships and contested non-predator biomes in an order decided by the first player. Players on contested cards roll in least hunter order.
3) Predator biomes in an order decided by the first player.

chainsaw_ash wrote:
However am I also right in thinking, I can court a foreign daughter and if successful, I return the courting hunter to my unassigned hunters and place one of my hunters from the deadpool as a new mature husband?

I posted a solo variant a couple weeks ago that allows promiscuous species to attempt courtship with their own wanderlust hunters in another species's tableau. It seems to work pretty well to add some more decision points to the solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.