Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Nevertheless, she persisted.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the sequel to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

This is a highly complex Werewolf game based on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with input after Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Full rules will be posted in the next day or two, but here is the base of the game:
- Everyone will pick a human* Harry Potter character (except for Dumbledore and Voldemort). Starting skills, money, equipment, knowledge, etc will be assigned based on the person you pick, but it'll be fairly balanced. So, picking Year 1 Neville Longbottom won't disadvantage you or anything.
- One person will secretly start as Voldemort and will recruit other players to the Death Eaters. One person will secretly start as Dumbledore and will retain the Headmaster position, which will make him unable to be corrupted.
- Each day, several things will happen. People will be able to attempt to complete part of the storyline, wizard duels can happen, and a lynch-like thing might take place, depending on events.
- Each night, people can do a variety of things like take classes, visit Diagon Alley, and even mix potions.

This will be Werewolf, but it'll be complex. Because of the amount of stuff involved with the game, players will have slightly higher posting/engagement minimums (around 15 minutes per day).

Feel free to sign up now or wait for the rest of the rules! Characters are first come, first serve. Please make sure your selections were at least mentioned in the Chamber of Secrets. If you're not sure, the Harry Potter Wiki is pretty robust.

*Don't like it? Wait for Hermione to start SPEW and take it up with me then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daytime

This game features an alternative lynch mechanic. Instead of voting, everyone will have spells that they can use to attack other players.

Wizard Duels

Dueling will be like ITAs from other sites. During the approved Dueling Periods, you can post things like Cruciartus Snape to the thread, and you will basically be doing that attack on that person. The windows would usually be a day, with offensive attacks able to be done the first 21 hours (until 12pm) and defensive attacks able to be used all 24 hours. Like with the first run, you would get wounded and then killed. You may only cast one spell every hour, so please keep that in mind when allocating spell points. If you have a limited schedule, please let me know, and I may make an exception.

Damage
Most spells affect either damage or statuses. Any spell that does damage only affects that day (unless the spell clarifies otherwise). Damage does NOT roll over from day to day. It takes 100 damage to wound someone and 120 to kill a wounded player. All wounds/deaths will be announced at dusk after damage is resolved, so it's not possible to both wound and kill someone in one day.

Statuses
Spells may also affect your status, which can reduce plot points, steal money or items, and otherwise affect how you play the game. They can even give you daily statuses that affect how you cast during the rest of the day. The three main types are listed below, but there may be more.

Stunned- You cannot cast any more spells today.
Poisoned- You start the day with 20 damage on you each day.
Bleeding- You take 5 damage whenever you cast a spell.
Hufflepuff Justice- Your threshold for being wounded/killed is lowered by 25. This can stack multiple times.

Spell Trees

Each player type (Teacher, Student, Ghost, Other) will have a type-specific spell tree that gives them some basic options for how to level up their spells. Additional spell points can be gained a variety of ways, but basically you can choose how to spend the points within your trees. Some players may also have additional spells that they have access to, and a few new spells can be accessed during the game in a variety of ways.

Example Spells:
Cruciartus III- Offensive- Useable twice per game- Your target becomes Wounded. They also lose 2 plot points.
Confringo II- Offensive- Useable once per dueling window- Your target takes 40 damage.
Stupefy I- Defensive- Useable once per dueling window- Use as a reaction when someone targets you with a spell. They become Stunned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nighttime

Each character will start with a set number of plot points they can use each night. They don't roll over from night to night. Most characters will start with 4, but some may have 3 or 5 depending on their traits and weaknesses. Costs are listed below, but they may also be modified by traits and weaknesses.

Explore the Castle

Each night, you may spend plot points to explore various parts of the castle, each of which give distinct benefits. Each location can only be visited once per night.

Browse the Library (1 point)
You can browse the book selections in the hopes of checking out Advanced Spell books, Potions books, or even other mystery books. You can only have 1 book checked out at once, so you must return at the time that you get a new one. The books available for checkout will be posted to the thread at the start of the game, and the remaining quantities of each book will be updated every day.

Browse the Restricted Section of the Library (1 point)
I have a list of 100 possible encounters in the Restricted Section prepared, some of which only certain characters can do. Most will give you a book, but there are a few other types of encounters. There is no limit to the number of books from the Restricted Section you can have, but rooms will be searched twice (once when 25 books have been taken and once if ordered by the House Prefect). If you are caught with more than one book from the Restricted Section, you will lose all of your books and be fined 2 Plot Points the next night. You may return a book to the Restricted Section each time you visit, if you choose.

Go to Potions Class (1 point)
You can mix potions with the basic stock of ingredients found in the class.

Go to Charms Class (1 point)
You gain two proficiency points in spells that you may use to learn spells. Spells can only be learned in Charms Class once Day 1 starts.

Go to Herbology Class (1 point)
You gain potion ingredients that can be used in advanced potions.

Go to Defense Against the Dark Arts Class (1 point)
Each day will have a different lesson. Some will gain spell trees, others can yield items or books.

Go to a History of Magic Class (1 point)
Each day will have a different lesson. Some will gain spell trees, others can yield items or books.

Visit the Hospital Wing (2 points)
Any status ailments you are suffering from will be cured.

**I will continue to add more options to this up until the game starts and during it as new areas are unlocked.**

Houses

There are four houses. Each of them bestows a benefit to their members and a chat that they can speak in. The chat can only be used while you are physically in the room. All players will be moved back to their house at Dawn.

-- Gryffindor: Bravery- When participating in Wizard Duels, your spells do an additional 5 damage.
-- Slytherin: Cunning- You gain access to a Slytherin-only location (the Dungeons, where you may practice spells with a % chance to upgrade them) and spell tree.
-- Ravenclaw: Intelligence- You may have 2 books checked out from the library and can have two restricted section books when searched.
-- Hufflepuff: Justice- Any player that wounds or kills a Hufflepuff will gain the status "Hufflepuff Justice". Hufflepuffs also gain 2 proficiency points when they joined that may be used on defensive spells.

Prefects

On D2, each house will elect a Prefect. Anytime the Prefect dies, a new one will be elected. Prefects gain the following benefits:

- 1 additional proficiency point when visiting Charms class.
- Ability to pick between two encounters in the Restricted Section when visiting it.
- Ability to lock down their house once per game, causing everyone (including themselves) in the house to be able to do NOTHING that night and having the rooms searched for Restricted Section books and other contraband.
- The ability to send Dumbledore a message once per game.

Participate in the Story Line

Each night, some number of players will be able to participate in the overall plot line of the book for 3 Plot Points. Because a limited number of people can do this, priority will be given to anyone that has not participated before. There is a chance to die during some of the plot lines, but there is a proportionate reward for those adventures. Two things will be announced in the Daily Prophet each day: a fairly thorough recap of the previous night's story line (though not a listing of the rewards/risks) and a teaser for the next night's with the number of eligible participants. If you attempt to participate in the Story Line but aren't able to, you will be refunded 1 less Plot Point the next day. IE: If you try to participate in the Story Line on N2 and are unsuccessful, you will get 2 extra Plot Points on N3. If there aren't enough people that go to the story line to fill it, the relevant characters will be pull in for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Day 0 Phase

There will be a Day 0 phase for everyone to basically set up their character. This will take place mostly in Diagon Alley. Here is the schedule for it:

September 26- Voldemort and Dumbledore will be notified. They may pick their compatriots (behind the scenes). Diagon Alley inventory lists will be posted.
September 28- True allegiances and role information will be handed out. Diagon Alley will open.
September 30- The trip aboard the Hogwarts Express will take start.
October 1- Your Hogwarts Express seats will be finalized.
October 2- Dawn D1 will be called.
October 3- Dusk N1 will be called.

Diagon Alley

Everyone will start the game with some number of Galleons from their vault at Gringotts and spell proficiency points that they may use to build out their initial character. Galleons may be spent at any of the shops, and spell proficiency points may be spent to develop spells on the tree. Galleons will only be useful in Diagon Alley, so be sure to spend them instead of saving them.

All stores in Diagon Alley will have their full inventories posted, and anything required for second years will be available in unlimited quantities. Other items may be limited (stock will be listed in the inventory posts) and will be first come, first serve.

Flourish and Blotts
The place for parchment and books. Books will provide additional knowledge about the game that will benefit you in Hogwarts. All second year books will also be available in the Library at Hogwarts.

Madame Malkins
The place for Wizard Robes. These will give bonuses to wizard duels. It is unlikely that anything here can be acquired outside of Diagon Alley.

Apothecary
There will be three sets of additional potion ingredients that are available for purchase here. They will provide rare ingredients that you can use for more advanced potions in Potions Class.

Owl Emporium
You may buy a familiar that will give you a known benefit once you're at Hogwarts.

**Additional shops may be added**

Spell Training

Everyone will get initial proficiency points (7-15) that may be spent to learn/improve spells for during Wizard Duels. Everyone must spend at least 1 proficiency point, though you may choose to save the rest if desired.

Hogwarts Express

When the Hogwarts Express journey starts, players can move freely around the train. Each compartment will have a private chat. At some point, movement will cease but you will be able to continue to talk with the people in your compartment.

Sorting Hat

Throughout Day 1, the Sorting will take place in a randomized order. Each player will be given some number of choices for houses they may join (see Hogwarts for more information).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logistics

Game Orders

Locations
Physics will be used for Diagon Alley and Hogwarts. You will have movement equal to your Plot Points to spend, and you'll take your actions at every room you visit. I'll post a quick map to show roughly how it'll work.

Item Trading
Items can be exchanged with anyone that is in a room that you are currently in. Any rooms without chats will be starred in the OP so you know you can't trade items there.

Dueling and Spells
Spells will be posted to the thread. The exception is Aveda Kedavra that the Death Eaters have, which can either be a night action for 1 Plot Point or used in the thread.

Other
All abilities will have orders in Cassandra.
Potions can be traded like items or used like abilities with orders.

Game Schedule

Day 0
September 26- Voldemort and Dumbledore will be notified. They may pick their compatriots (behind the scenes). Diagon Alley inventory lists will be posted.
September 28- True allegiances and role information will be handed out. Diagon Alley will open.
September 30- The trip aboard the Hogwarts Express will take start.
October 1- Your Hogwarts Express seats will be finalized.
October 2- Dawn D1 will be called.
October 3- Dusk N1 will be called.

Normal Schedule
Sunday- D1/D4/D7 Dawn
Monday- N1/N4/N7 Dusk
Tuesday- D2/D5/D8 Dawn
Wednesday- N2/N5/N8 Dusk
Thursday- D3/D6/D9 Dawn
Friday- N3/N6/N9 Dusk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teams

Voldemort and the Death Eaters
The Death Eaters are trying to reach Parity +1 (or be the only people left alive). This means that if there are 4 Death Eaters still alive, there can only be 3 non-Death Eaters alive for them to win. This will be checked at the end of Dusk and Dawn.

Avada Kedavra
Death Eaters will start the game with 2 uses of Avada Kedavra. Every time a Death Eater dies, they gain another use of it. Avada Kedavra can be used at night at a cost of 1 Plot Point by going to the Death Eater lair.

Avada Kedavra- Once per game- The target player dies. This cannot be blocked, rebounded, or otherwise redirected during Wizard Duels.

Voldemort
At the start of the game, Voldemort will choose a certain number of people to become Death Eaters. Additionally, he may have a few hidden powers.

Conversion
There may be conversion during the game, but it will always be optional. Players given the chance to convert may take a penalty for declining, but they will have a choice.

Dumbledore, the Ministry of Magic, and Everyone Else

Everyone else is trying to kill all of the Death Eaters. If everyone dies, then they will win as well because the rest of the Wizarding World will be free of the Death Eaters.

Dumbledore
At the start of the game, Dumbledore will choose an Assistant Headmaster. If he ever dies, the Assistant Headmaster will become the Headmaster and take over the duties of that role. Dumbledore is a super parity hunter, so the game cannot end while he is alive, and if it's ever just him and one Death Eater, good will win. Dumbledore may have additional powers. Dumbledore can never become a Death Eater.

Headmaster
Three times per game, the Headmaster may pick a house and learn the number of Death Eaters in it (plus or minus 1). Only one house may be checked a night, and each house may only be checked once. Additionally, the Headmaster may pick one Professor or Student each night to keep an eye on, learning the locations that they visit.

Assistant Headmaster
They will gain a chat with Dumbledore and cannot become a Death Eater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters

Character Description

Each player will get a character description with the following elements:

Role Example: Sirius Black
(not a valid selection)
Galleons: 1200
Plot Points: 4
Starting Spell Points: 10
Spell Tree: Other (Unique)
Starting Equipment: Maurader's Map
Attributes: Wealthy (can buy items that are sold out for +10 Galleons), Animagus Form (three times per game can choose to shift into a dog, which will make him unable to participate in Wizard Duels), Harry's Guardian (can choose to be the target of any spell
Flaws: Wanted Man (will give positives to any views for any traits)

Roster

Students
Neville Longbottom (gelrod)
Ginny Weasley (Melsana)
Hermione Granger (nolemonplease)
George Weasley (theknightofcups)
Fred Weasley (codeia)
Ron Weasley (xandryyte)
Harry Potter (BerenCamlost)
Percy Weasley (TFang)
Draco Malfoy (SerWave)
Oliver Wood (PaperF)
Lee Jordan (stonecutter129)

Professors
Severus Snape (RoyalApe)
Minerva McGonagall (inkarnit)
Gilderoy Lockheart (monogarden)

Ghosts
Bloody Baron (Rhanddom)
Nearly Headless Nick (pilotbob)
Peeves (AlwaysIdle)
Moaning Myrtle (Tomotz)

Others
Arthur Weasley (AnneAa)
Dobby (JaredW25)
Lucius Malfoy (The_Rorab)
Filch (FaleohFang)
Hagrid (LightRider)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mod!LJ’s standard rules post. Some of this might not apply. Ignore it if it doesn’t.

Friendly Game: First and foremost, this is a friendly game. Don’t be mean to people. Things like name calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a perma-ban from my games if I tell you that you are crossing lines and you don’t stop. If you feel like someone else crossed a line, let me know, and I can talk to them for you.

Conditional Orders: These are accepted for orders, views, kills, et cetera. They can be things like “If Irina flips Seer, NK Belash instead”, “If 4th is lynched, view Lemon”, or even “Consider Ziilch my perma-backup view if I don’t have a valid order in.” They can’t be things like, “If someone hard claims Seer between now and dawn, protect them.” If you’re unsure, just ask!

Deadlines: All deadlines are X:X0:59. That means that if dusk is at 2pm, any posts with 2:00pm timestamp are valid. If Dawn is at 12:30, orders with a 12:31 timestamp will not be accepted. If a deadline happens and I don’t call dawn/dusk/give results/etc, hold the horse. I’ll be there shortly.

Brutal Orders: Brutals are mandatory unless otherwise stated. If you are brutal and do not have a valid order or conditional in place, your brutal will take out someone from your own team. So be sure to use orders and add conditionals if you might have a brutal.

Speeding Things Up: Nightfalls are valid options. If nightfall votes happen such that lynch results are locked, I will process dusk. If this is a game with vote manipulation, I will not unless there’s enough of a margin that any voting manipulation will not be given away. Unless I say otherwise, locking your game orders at night will speed up dawn.

Minimum Requirements: This falls between a Post for Your Life and a Proof of Life game. There is no minimum posting requirement, but if you’re not engaged in the game, I might replace you out. If you’re only going to make 1 post each day, they better be good posts. Likewise, if you miss a set of night orders, you can’t make them up, and I will replace you out. You don’t have to be omnipresent, but you need to be playing.

ModChat Information: Doing anything akin to flipping your card or talking about the color of your hat will result in a modkill. This includes: directly quoting modchats, using or faking screenshots of anything in Cassandra, or having people verify information by giving out the 10th word or letter that they get. This could also include things like, “LJ was late giving out views. Tell me what time she gave them out.” For more information and clarifications on this, please see this post.

Starts When Full: If this is a starts when full game, as soon as the game fills, I will post a message saying that it’s full and giving people warning that I will put it into start mode the next night. The exception to this rule is a game that fills the week that it’s put up. Those will start immediately.

Deleting/Editing Posts:
Do not ever delete a post. It may result in a modkill but will definitely result in a loss, even if your team wins. Please do not edit posts too often, and be sure to indicate what you changed. If you edit a vote, you will be considered to have voted there, especially if you nightfall.

Other: If something comes up that I don’t address in the rules, I will use my best judgment when resolving it. If the Lynch/Night time are different in the OP and Cassy, assume that Cassy is right. If I screw something up, I will retcon or change things to even it out with both sides. If it’s pre-D2, I may re-roll.

Don’t be a dick.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AlwaysIdle
AnneAa
BerenCamlost
codeia
gelrod
inkarnit
JaredW25
Jendrom
LightRider
Melsana
monogarden
nolemonplease
PaperF
pilotbob
Rhanddom
RoyalApe
SerWave
stonecutter129
TFang
theknightofcups
The_Rorab
Tomotz
xandryyte

23 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1639...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apocaloctopus
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went "woooo!" on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please pick your character as soon as you sign up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
*yawn*
badge
*sleep*
mbmbmbmbmb
Dobby is wondering why nobody has chosen Harry Potter. Harry Potter is the most generous of all wizards. Harry Potter treats Dobby as more than a house elf, unlike Dobby's masters.

*gasp*

Dobby shouldn't have said that!

*punch self*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmb
JaredW25 wrote:
Dobby is wondering why nobody has chosen Harry Potter. Harry Potter is the most generous of all wizards. Harry Potter treats Dobby as more than a house elf, unlike Dobby's masters.

*gasp*

Dobby shouldn't have said that!

*punch self*

W-w-well he'd already be here b-but he's locked in his room. Something about a cake pudding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Please pick your character as soon as you sign up.

Spoilered to preserve bandwidth.
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Severus Ape

Complete with BUTT PIC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Prime
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

I don't think spoilering it will do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apocaloctopus
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

I don't think spoilering it will do that.

Might help preserve brainwidth, though. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
Evildar accuracy ratings: Amekins - 95%; Ortho - 90%; Royal - 80%
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be Minerva McGonagall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops. There are two Rons. Peer- Is there someone else you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Don’t be a dick.

Oh man. I missed this rule. Oh well. I guess I'm committed to following it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Draco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait is Voldemort a choice? I wanna be Voldemort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmb
inkarnit wrote:

You need to read the rules ink. Voldemort isn't a choice. He was born that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
inkarnit wrote:

You need to read the rules ink. Voldemort isn't a choice. He was born that way.

So is one of us going to be him in disguise? Or is no one him? Reading rules is for chumps. And chimps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh. Is tom riddle an option? Ink could be tom riddle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.