7 Posts

Quartermaster General» Forums » Rules

Subject: Synthetic Fuel and Bias for action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyros
msg tools
Can you use Synthetic Fuel and Bias for action cards to do the following:

Build (using a build army card) in Ukraine, use Bias for Action (which is triggered by that Build Army card) to Battle Moscow, and then Build in Moscow because of Synthetic Fuel. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you can trigger more than one card from the same trigger, but the first card actions must be complete before you do the second one (no nesting).

If I'm right, that's OK - first triggered card to building an Army in the Ukraine is Bias, it's fully complete, second is Synthetic Fuel, and Moscow is available to build in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
Oakfed wrote:
My understanding is that you can trigger more than one card from the same trigger, but the first card actions must be complete before you do the second one (no nesting).

If I'm right, that's OK - first triggered card to building an Army in the Ukraine is Bias, it's fully complete, second is Synthetic Fuel, and Moscow is available to build in.

This is correct in my understanding also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Avallone
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules aren't my department, so I'm just guessing here, but I would think no.

Synthetic Fuels: "Use once per turn when you build an army. Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck to build an army adjacent to the army just built."

In Spyros' example, the triggering action occurs when the Build Army card is played. At that moment, Moscow is not a viable target for Synthetic Fuels, because there is still a Soviet army there -- Bias for Action has not happened yet to clear it out.

But like I said, I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can do this. Add Blitzkrieg and you've really got a combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros
msg tools
IanBrody wrote:
Yes, you can do this. Add Blitzkrieg and you've really got a combo.

Indeed, with Blitzkrieg as well the combo is deadly!

1st example: you start from Germany: you build in Eastern Europe, you use Synthetic Fuel to build in Russia, Bias for action to battle Moscow, blitzkrieg to build in Moscow.

2nd example: you start from the Balkans: you land battle Ukraine, you use Blitzkrieg to Build there , you use Bias for Action to battle Moscow, you use Synthetic Fuel to build in Moscow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Avallone
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oops. It's spelled out pretty clearly in the AM rules, p.5:

A team with multiple reactions to the same trigger can use them in the order it chooses, as long as the other side has a chance to use a reaction in between.

I keep thinking they are simultaneous, which is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.