$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » General

Subject: Wait, did I just wreck this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david hans
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It's been a while since I've last played a pandemic game but I remember it being brutallly hard. Out of the many times I played it I've only been able to beat it maybe 2-3 times. I played my first solo game with 2 investigators and had no trouble what so ever. I only ended up revealing 3 old ones. Did I just have some amazing dumb luck or is anyone else experiencing the same decrease in difficulty as I am?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
think maybe luck. I played it twice with a friend and we got destroyed once and bad luck on some insanity rolls and lost.

I think it is the right amount of difficulty. But I think, like in Pandemic, once you get used to the flow of the game it can become easier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david hans
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'll def have to play it a few more times and see. If I still breeze through the game I'll add in a sanity check roll for leaving a space occupied by a cultist or shoggoth and see how that fairs with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had games where by the end of the first players turn 4 old ones were revealed. It was crazy how bad it went.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tikiwaka wrote:
It's been a while since I've last played a pandemic game but I remember it being brutallly hard. Out of the many times I played it I've only been able to beat it maybe 2-3 times. I played my first solo game with 2 investigators and had no trouble what so ever. I only ended up revealing 3 old ones. Did I just have some amazing dumb luck or is anyone else experiencing the same decrease in difficulty as I am?


Wich difficult did you play it?
At the set up phase there is one rule on how to adjust the difficult of the game by removing player cards
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it twice this weekend after picking up our copy, with 3 players. Our first game we were down to just Cthluhu left to reveal before we'd closed the last gate, so pretty down to the wire. Our second game, we'd only revealed 3-4 Old Ones before we closed all the gates, but there were a few times we were down to the wire on running out of cultists to place- kept getting swarmed! I think it really just depends on what cards you get and when.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
What do you guys think the internale play testers aim for? 50% win rate?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
We've had games where by the end of the first players turn 4 old ones were revealed. It was crazy how bad it went.


how did that happen?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsecond wrote:
Tikiwaka wrote:
It's been a while since I've last played a pandemic game but I remember it being brutallly hard. Out of the many times I played it I've only been able to beat it maybe 2-3 times. I played my first solo game with 2 investigators and had no trouble what so ever. I only ended up revealing 3 old ones. Did I just have some amazing dumb luck or is anyone else experiencing the same decrease in difficulty as I am?


Wich difficult did you play it?
At the set up phase there is one rule on how to adjust the difficult of the game by removing player cards


you could also adjust further by removing relics from the deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
DennisDK82 wrote:
What do you guys think the internale play testers aim for? 50% win rate?


I'd hope that, with good play an average luck, the win rate would be at least 75%.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
DennisDK82 wrote:
What do you guys think the internale play testers aim for? 50% win rate?


I'd hope that, with good play an average luck, the win rate would be at least 75%.


and I'd hope that bad play has a win rate under 10%
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ruined my first 2 games cause i was trading clues regardless of the town i was in. Remember to trade clues from the color of town you and the other player are in only and must be both in the same space. Dont miss all those sanity rolls either, its a lot of them and easy to lose the game with 2 players going insane quick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
antoniocapo wrote:
Dont miss all those sanity rolls either, its a lot of them and easy to lose the game with 2 players going insane quick.



Can't stress this enough. I've played 6 times with only 2 investigators and EVERY time we've lost due to all players going insane. It's sneaks up on you real quick.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yell armageddon
msg tools
We had our first two games tonight (3 and 4 players, removing 8 cards from the clue deck = "hard"). The first game seemed very easy, reaveling only 3 old ones and keeping almost full sanity. However we didnt notice that time was running out and finished with almost empty deck.
keeping this in mind we played a lot faster the second game and didn't run into any problems this time. We had more than a third of the clue deck left.

Looking for suggestions two make the game more difficult. It feels a lot easier then pandemic. Our discussions about turns are also shorter. I think this is due to less complexity.
Is it reasonable to even remove 12 cards from the clue deck? Or cutting relics like suggested?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.