5 Posts

Quadropolis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules on Acquiring Meeples on Multi-Story Apartment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renelou Esperanzate
msg tools
mbmb
Do you acquire meeples for every floor placed on a multi-story apartment. I noticed that in a FLGS, they're teaching that you would only get the number of meeples as indicated in the topmost building.

For example:

Floor #1 - 1 Meeple (I get 1 meeple from pool)
Floor #2 - 1 Meeple (I will not get any meeple from pool)
Floor #3 - 2 Meeples (I will get an additional 1 meeple from pool, for a total of 2 meeples from the whole multi-story apartment.)

The reasoning was that this is the downside of playing multi-story apartments.

Is this wrong? Or am I wrong to think that we get meeples for every new floor placed without caring for the lower floors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time you place a tile on your grid you get the reward printed in the upper left corner of the tile, so you do get additional meeples for each tile you put in your apartment. Previously placed tiles have no bearing on future rewards.

What you don't have to do is repower every floor...the first power is sufficient to cover each additional floor you put in your apartment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain resources (meeples, energy) when you place the tile in your city, regardless of where it is placed or what it is placed on top of.

You gain the meeples each time you place a new floor, as indicated on the tile you just placed.

renelou wrote:
Do you acquire meeples for every floor placed on a multi-story apartment. I noticed that in a FLGS, they're teaching that you would only get the number of meeples as indicated in the topmost building.

For example:

Floor #1 - 1 Meeple (I get 1 meeple from pool)
Floor #2 - 1 Meeple (I will not get any meeple from pool)
Floor #3 - 2 Meeples (I will get an additional 1 meeple from pool, for a total of 2 meeples from the whole multi-story apartment.)

The reasoning was that this is the downside of playing multi-story apartments.

Is this wrong? Or am I wrong to think that we get meeples for every new floor placed without caring for the lower floors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renelou Esperanzate
msg tools
mbmb

Thank you for the prompt replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, apartments can be a great way to bring in lots of extra people without requiring a bunch of power. So there are times where building a tall apartment is more beneficial than building a bunch of individual 1 floor apartments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.