$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
So Hillary is understandably worried about younger voters not liking her and voting third-party. And it makes sense to target them in canvasing, etc.

However, I question the way in which they are going about this. It seems fairly patronizing to characterize their vote for a third-party candidate into a "vote for Trump." I don't think that these voters are going to be swayed by her talking down to them like their choice of candidate is meaningless.

It seems like the same mistake she's been making lately, talking more about voters and not focusing on attacking Trump. One of her biggest flaws (other than her dishonesty) is her arrogance. I don't think patronizing voters is going to help her. It seems more likely to drive them to vote third party.

Quote:
While still optimistic that the race will turn decisively back in Mrs. Clinton’s favor after the debates, leading Democrats have been alarmed by the drift of young voters toward the third-party candidates.

The principal “super PAC” supporting Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy, Priorities USA Action, has concluded from its polling and other research that the reluctance to embrace the Democratic nominee among those who intensely dislike Mr. Trump is not going away and must be confronted.

“We’ll be launching a multimillion-dollar digital campaign that talks about what’s at stake and how a vote for a third-party candidate is a vote for Donald Trump, who is against everything these voters stand for,” said Justin Barasky, a strategist for Priorities USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/us/politics/hillary-clinto...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not the intended audience, but I don't see it as talking down to them. I think it's a logical appeal. It's Nader all over again. If she stresses that she understands why they might want to vote third party but makes the case for the impact that could have, I think it could work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
Its clear that Stein votes take away grom Hilary's tally.

Whats odd is how Johnson's polling impacts the Big two depending on where they are.

Here in Texas, libertarians are splitting from Republicans, so Trump loses. Not enough to swing the state but hey. In New Jersey, libertarians are pulling of Clinton poll numbers. Which is....odd. Especially since how Christie became such a shill for Trump.

So I agree that Hilary's team is just hitting all of them with a big hammer, when in reality its different state to state.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
fairly patronizing

I thought that was Hillary's campaign slogan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
she2 wrote:
fairly patronizing
jeremycobert wrote:
I thought that was Hillary's campaign slogan.
Which Party yet AGAIN was "holding up proceedings" through their 'deceitful & duplicitous' "rigmarole"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Its clear that Stein votes take away grom Hilary's tally.

Whats odd is how Johnson's polling impacts the Big two depending on where they are.

Here in Texas, libertarians are splitting from Republicans, so Trump loses. Not enough to swing the state but hey. In New Jersey, libertarians are pulling of Clinton poll numbers. Which is....odd. Especially since how Christie became such a shill for Trump.

So I agree that Hilary's team is just hitting all of them with a big hammer, when in reality its different state to state.

Darilian
Not really, any constituency will see a greater protest vote from the majority party.

There is also the fact (and I susepct this was the case with Brexit) that many people in safe seats protest vote becasue they do not think the "other side" will win there anyway.

I susepct that as the race becomes closer the protest voters will start to drop off as it become clear it might make a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and tell me voting for Johnson is like voting for Trump. That'll set me straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United States
flag msg tools
she2 wrote:
So Hillary is understandably worried about younger voters not liking her and voting third-party. And it makes sense to target them in canvasing, etc.

However, I question the way in which they are going about this. It seems fairly patronizing to characterize their vote for a third-party candidate into a "vote for Trump." I don't think that these voters are going to be swayed by her talking down to them like their choice of candidate is meaningless.

It seems like the same mistake she's been making lately, talking more about voters and not focusing on attacking Trump. One of her biggest flaws (other than her dishonesty) is her arrogance. I don't think patronizing voters is going to help her. It seems more likely to drive them to vote third party.

Quote:
While still optimistic that the race will turn decisively back in Mrs. Clinton’s favor after the debates, leading Democrats have been alarmed by the drift of young voters toward the third-party candidates.

The principal “super PAC” supporting Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy, Priorities USA Action, has concluded from its polling and other research that the reluctance to embrace the Democratic nominee among those who intensely dislike Mr. Trump is not going away and must be confronted.

“We’ll be launching a multimillion-dollar digital campaign that talks about what’s at stake and how a vote for a third-party candidate is a vote for Donald Trump, who is against everything these voters stand for,” said Justin Barasky, a strategist for Priorities USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/us/politics/hillary-clinto...

I thought her dishonesty was a selling point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hillary Clinton is no more dishonest than any politician. Well, except Trump, that scam artist is all lies all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.