Empires: Age of Discovery» Forums » News

Subject: Deluxe Upgrade Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is available on the EagleGames site:
https://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10...

But I'm not seeing it at my usual OLGS. Anybody know if they are distributing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
This is available on the EagleGames site:
https://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10...

But I'm not seeing it at my usual OLGS. Anybody know if they are distributing it?

It's distributed by FRED, and Coolstuff carries it for cheaper:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/212900

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he's just wanting the upgrade kit to convert AOE3 to Empires Age of Discovery.

That kind of thing will probably only be available from the manufacturer, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benstylus wrote:
I think he's just wanting the upgrade kit to convert AOE3 to Empires Age of Discovery.

That kind of thing will probably only be available from the manufacturer, unfortunately.

Oh, good point. Yeah I'm pretty sure they aren't distributing that to game stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal michal2013
msg tools
I have a question.
Are there two version of Age of Discovery?

Deluxe and NO-Deluxe?

What are the differences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
The deluxe version has components for the reverse side of the board, extra building tiles, extra player colors, extra faction boards and metal coins. You can check the KS page for the game if you want to see the differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
The deluxe version has components for the reverse side of the board, extra building tiles, extra player colors, extra faction boards and metal coins. You can check the KS page for the game if you want to see the differences.

huh? The Builder's Expansion added the 6th player (purple), and more building tiles.

Is "deluxe version" a synonym for "Empires Age of Discovery.?"

The Deluxe Upgrade Pack is $60 for some paper components, most of which seem to be the same as provided by "Empires: Builder's Expansion."

I know the Empires Age of Discovery game has a two sided main board. What exactly are the additions? I suppose I should look it up in the page for that game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this is also needed:
Empires: Age of Discovery - National Player Boards and Figures 3-Set BUNDLE $50

To convert AOEIII to Empires Age of Discovery???

Which adds up to a lot more than just buying the new version of the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This helps to deconfabulate the various version names:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1478637/what-promo-items-bg...

I see the advert on Coolstuff states that E:AoD is a 5 player game, but comes with 6 player boards. Confusing.

Seems to be evolving into a mix & match game, which is fine but the various bits which can be used need to be denoted clearly.

Is "World Variant" synonymous with "National Player Boards and Figures 3-Set BUNDLE" ??? -- BUT you also need the MAIN board found on the flipside of the E:AoD board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires: Age of Discovery is a deluxe reprint of Age of Empires III. It includes the Builders Expansion and plays up to 6 players. A lot of the graphics changed. You can buy extra nation boards and colored figures separately to mix and match with the original 6 that come with the game. I think the deluxe actually comes with 7 nation boards and 6 sets of figures.

The deluxe also comes with a double-sided main board. The backside is used for the "World variant" that you need to purchase extra components for. Those components are mostly some buildings and trade goods. Nation boards and sets work with any version of the game.

The deluxe upgrade pack provides all the deluxe components except for the plastic figures. It's for the owners of the original Age of Empires III to get the "deluxe" paper and cardboard components (which are thicker).

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
I think the deluxe actually comes with 7 nation boards and 6 sets of figures.

But the advert on Coolstuff states that E:AoD is a 5 player game, but comes with 6 player boards. So what is correct ?

So the World Variant has nothing to do with the extra nations? But it does have 4 unique Capital Buildings (eg not usable with the base game unless you want to violate the theme).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
ayejae wrote:
I think the deluxe actually comes with 7 nation boards and 6 sets of figures.

But the advert on Coolstuff states that E:AoD is a 5 player game, but comes with 6 player boards. So what is correct ?

So the World Variant has nothing to do with the extra nations? But it does have 4 unique Capital Buildings (eg not usable with the base game unless you want to violate the theme).

I'm pretty certain that CSI's player count is wrong. BGG lists 2-6. I know my KS copy came with the extra Ottoman board inside the box (not as add on), not sure if that was true for retail. You should get at least 6 nation boards to play with. There are 70 figures per nation, so 420 pieces means 6 different colors.

Correct - World variant has nothing to do with the extra nations. One does not require the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.