3 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Problems with translated cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Not Telling Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem with a few translated cards and have not found the original full English texts anywhere. Would nice if someone could help me.

1) Desecrated Soil reads (re-translated)"[...] place these cards back into the hideout". My guess is the original one reads something like "Place this card back..."; the translated version might be construed to mean "place the 3 discarded cards into the hideout".

2) "Saboteur" and "Rats" read (re-translated) "This hunter..." while "Szgany-Mob" reads "each hunter in this city". Is there a difference in the original versions as well? Or should all these cards always affect all hunters in the city?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cashew137 wrote:
I have a problem with a few translated cards and have not found the original full English texts anywhere. Would nice if someone could help me.

1) Desecrated Soil reads (re-translated)"[...] place these cards back into the hideout". My guess is the original one reads something like "Place this card back..."; the translated version might be construed to mean "place the 3 discarded cards into the hideout".

2) "Saboteur" and "Rats" read (re-translated) "This hunter..." while "Szgany-Mob" reads "each hunter in this city". Is there a difference in the original versions as well? Or should all these cards always affect all hunters in the city?

Thanks

There is a file here on BGG with the English text for all the cards - Fury of Dracula - Cards Reference. Note that FFG did issue revised rulebooks and I don't know if any changes were made to the cards.

For the cards you mention

Desecrated Soil wrote:
DESECRATED SOIL
Draw 3 encounter cards. Then, discard up to 3 encounter cards from your hand.
Return this card face up to this hideout unless the hunter reveals "Heavenly Host."
Matured Effect
Recover up to 3 damage

Saboteur wrote:
SABOTEUR
The hunter becomes delayed.
Return this card face up to this hideout unless the hunter reveals a "Pistol" or "Rifle".
Matured Effect
Place a roadblock token on any road or railway

Rats wrote:
RATS
The hunter suffers 2 damage.
Return this card faceup to this hideout unless the hunter reveals a "Pistol" or "Rifle".

Szgany Mob wrote:

SZGANY MOB
Each hunter on this city may discard any of his item cards. Then, each hunter on this city suffers 1 damage
for each item card in his hand.

Matured Effect
Reveal this location card. Then, resolve the above effect in each city in this region.

So you are cirrect about Desecrated Soil. Rats and Saboteur do affect a single hunter while Szgany Mob affects all in the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Telling Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.