Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » Variants

Subject: New girls for Star Realms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S T
msg tools
I designed 3 new persons. May be, it will be interesting for some of yours. =)
Basic images - the artist Luis Royo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PornStar Realms
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, but no. Those cards are junk 65% of the time (why spend your resources to give your opponents a reward) and the other 35% of the time they are game breaking, one card killers (the numbers are absurdly high). Also, they don't work in the rule set of the game (how can a player use trade and combat on an opponent's turn). Also the art and flavor does not even come close to fitting the existing game.

All I am asking is what you hope to accomplish with this post? This is the only post, your only publicly visible activity on Board Game Geek.

On the off chance that you are genuinely trying you make some cool custom cards, try sticking to a sci-fi theme and look at existing cards to understand what is acceptable in the game.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S T
msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
All I am asking is what you hope to accomplish with this post? This is the only post, your only publicly visible activity on Board Game Geek.


I think, the rest of my work will not be interested for you. I'm from Russia, official sold only old additions, such as Colony Wars is still not localized. Therefore, we print new cards themselves, and on the Russian forums there is a lot of my publications with translations of the original cards.

I did translation United, I still had a place on the list. I thought it was more interesting than if the place is empty. And then I thought, what can be done, and the English version.

Regarding the new features, and do not you think that if you repeat all that is in the game, the new things will remain invisible? You do often are using events, gambits, and other infringing Ballance card? It's a legend, part role-playing game. New myths reinforce the universe, allow her to breathe. There are those who constructs a new race. They also offer you to stay within the familiar rules?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lose the sexual tropes.

And lose abilities that do not add anything exciting to the game. Because essentially your cards just raise the current stats for all players, thus prolonging the game (with Authority), or outrageously strenghtening the players (with Combat), or giving a hube buy bonus. This I am afraid does not make the game more interesting.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
These cards are simply not interesting. They do not help the player. They do not add excitement. They do not add basic powers to a player the way an overlord card could.

The artwork does not respect the universe at all and is basically fan-service and poor fan fiction.

Hero Realms has cards that give each player a specific action. One repeatable card with a small effect, and a one shot card with a dramatic, game changing effect. If you really want to improve the game, you might want to check these out.

The cards you are offering here are poorly designed, do not respect the spirit of the game, break the rules, and lead nowhere. People do not like events because they are random and offer symmetric effects to all players at the same time (except for one of them). And here you are, proposing the same thing, only ten times worse.

So, like ThinkingThatsAll said:
Quote:
I am sorry, but no.


You might want to read the Epic forum for what people think about objectifying women in WWG games, too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.