Popular Tags: [View All]
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have any ideas how to make this work? I know that it's optimized for 4 players, but surely somebody out there has rules/ideas for a 5p variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi Stewart
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The game is really tight with 4 players. I'm pretty sure there's no way to make a 5 player variant - you'd run out of dice before filling out your character stats.

All we can do is hope for an 5 player expansion pack with more races, cards, and dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Wood
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kzinti wrote:
Anybody have any ideas how to make this work? I know that it's optimized for 4 players, but surely somebody out there has rules/ideas for a 5p variant.

5 player would be difficult to get the correct ratio of dice and colors. you would be a half die off for each color and a quarter of a die off for the Gold.If you simply round up, you will have more dice that are out of play at the end of the game, this could hurt someone who has a class color that doesn't get pulled 4 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the dice count would easily go to 13 of each color. for 91 total dice. I feel like it is only unbalanced now with 13 yellow dice simply for the number sake, and 3 different isn't that bad. You would for sure need more cards for the market though.

For sure 10 more, maybe 11-12 more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A. Cuyler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked into this issue last night to ponder a 6 player game - each added player needs 18 dice, so you need to add 36-ish dice. Since the colors each have 10 already and we have 13 gold, the chance of drawing any one particular color from a full bag is 13.7% for colors and 17.8% for gold. To keep those percentages close, one would need to add 5 dice of each color and 6 (or 7) gold dice. If this is done, the chances become 13.6% for color and either 17.4% (6 gold) or 18.2% (7 gold). Note that Adding 7 gold leaves 2 dice unused at game end instead of just one. You would also need additional market cards or need a reshuffle rule, and you'd need additional initiative cards (not difficult to do).

You'll need to find a source for dice that match the ones in the game currently too (same size, color, weight).

-SAC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.