Fuji Flush» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens when you play a lower card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J .M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules are pretty vague about what happens when you play a card that's a lower value then what's on the table.
It would be nice if it was clearer that low cards are only removed when a new higher card is played.(I think that's how it's supposed to work at least)

I made up a set of cards to print out and try the game with and everyone who played was confused as to whether a card played with a lower value should just be immediately beaten by a higher card on the table or just left to play on(how we played). I think we eventually decided to play the right way because it seemed the only way the game would work.

After looking at the rules again now it does say that "All played cards with the same or higher numbers as your card are not affected." But since it's put after it talks about playing a higher card and then discarding low cards it's not quite clear what card this applies to and is easy to miss even after multiple people reading it several times.

It'd be nice if the rules just explicitly said something like:

"If you play a higher value then one or more cards currently on the table remove all lower value cards. Any player who's card is removed this way must draw a replacement."

"If you play a card with a lower value then a card already on the table the card you played remains in play until a new card is played with a higher value then the card you played."

"If you play a card with the same value as another card on the table the tied cards are not removed.Any lower value cards are removed and their owners must draw a replacement card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you play a higher value then one or more cards currently on the table remove all lower value cards. Any player who's card is removed this way must draw a replacement."

"If you play a card with a lower value then a card already on the table the card you played remains in play until a new card is played with a higher value then the card you played."

"If you play a card with the same value as one or more cards on the table the tied cards are not removed and instead their values are added! Any lower value cards (lower as the sum of the same valued cards) are removed and their owners must draw a replacement card."

Important texts added in bold.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in this case (4 players)
1st plays 9
2nd plays 6
3rd plays 9: this beats 6 that is discarded and 2nd player draws a card.
4th plays 10
Now, first player is unbeate, so he discards without drawing. What happens to the 9 played by theirs player? Is it discarded at the same time of the 9 of 1st plyer or does it become a simple 9?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J .M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both nines would be discarded without drawing a replacement on player one's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pleased to see this example. All play-through videos I've seen only show examples of a duplicate card being played immediately. The example of two nines being separated by another card was helpful. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass_Chameleon wrote:
Both nines would be discarded without drawing a replacement on player one's turn.

I don't think this is the case.

If you read the rules carefully, the first nine is "on the table." The second nine, even though it is played third, combines with the first nine to become eighteen, which is higher than six and causes it to flush (and has to draw a card to replace it). The two nines stay and are counted at eighteen. When the fourth player plays a ten, nothing happens as it doesn't trump the eighteen (the two nines on the table counted together).

Next, when the play passes to the first player, both nines are pushed in and neither the first player nor the second has to draw a card.

The "on the table" phrase from the rules should be your guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morlockhq wrote:
Glass_Chameleon wrote:

I don't think this is the case.

If you read the rules carefully, the first nine is "on the table." The second nine, even though it is played third, combines with the first nine to become eighteen, which is higher than six and causes it to flush (and has to draw a card to replace it). The two nines stay and are counted at eighteen. When the fourth player plays a ten, nothing happens as it doesn't trump the eighteen (the two nines on the table counted together).

Next, when the play passes to the first player, both nines are pushed in and neither the first player nor the second has to draw a card.

The "on the table" phrase from the rules should be your guide.

What is the difference between those answers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
On a second reading, there is none.

My mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.