Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys... haven't played this game in ages, but I'm playing it tomorrow and I'm having a hard time after re-reading the rules trying to figure out and remember how these 2 races exactly work.

Amazons) the rules say that you get 10 amazons (plus what your special ability gives you) at the start of your turns. That cant be right, can it? I seem to remember that the amazon ability was merely that you get 4 extra men at the start of your turn for conquests, and you have to pull 4 off the board at the end of your turn.. that's it.

Elves) the rules say that for the elves, you do NOT discard the 1 unit that you normally would when you are conquered. If that is the case, you would NEVER lose any units... you would always have the full compliment of elves available to you at the start of each of your turns. What am I missing here?

thanks guys in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazons is four additional, which to start with is 10. After you conquer areas, you generally leave one in each region and start your next conquest with the remainder, plus 4 more for attacking only (not holding captured regions).

You won't really have the full complement of elves unless you are abandoning all of your regions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've pretty much got them both right.

Amazons start with what ever number of tokens their race+power combination says they get, and then add 4 more for the racial power. After conquest you remove 4 tokens from the board, attempting to leave at least 1 token in every territory you hold.

Elves do not lose tokens to being conquered, which makes them a very powerful late game harassment race with the right power. They don't have that high of a token count though, so there are ways to deal with them. Keep in mind that Sorcerers can make Elves lose a token with their power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.