Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so. I was in a situation where I had three Hard Knocks in play, and two in hand, and no one had support tokens. In such a situation, it's a guaranteed loss, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
I hope so. I was in a situation where I had three Hard Knocks in play, and two in hand, and no one had support tokens. In such a situation, it's a guaranteed loss, right?
That depends on what you mean by 'back'. If you hand someone else a support token, they can keep it, and use it later - maybe to support you.

If there is a game mechanic, like a hard knock, that specifies that a support token gets removed from the game then I don't think there is a way to get it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fortheloveofdice wrote:
Daybreak wrote:
That depends on what you mean by 'back'. If you hand someone else a support token, they can keep it, and use it later - maybe to support you.

... I've made a terrible mistake. I mistakenly thought that after you use a support token it is discarded (maybe I confused it with speeches??). This way, we were only playing support for the first three rounds, then everyone would be out of their tokens. This made it much harder, apparently.

Thanks for forcing me to re-read the rules and get it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome! I think it will make the game much more enjoyable for you as it is an interesting mechanic throughout the game. And I don't think you'll find the game easy without them either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we played again this afternoon (and I think we did it correctly?). We ran into a frustrating situation in the Duo mode. The Novice (who already has a built-in hard knock) ended up Wounded, meaning that he couldn't play any other hard knocks from his hand or we would lose. So we needed to support him, but often we didn't have the right tokens, or his random draw would screw it up. Then it became an exercise in running easy missions and giving pointless support just so one of us could give the Novice support in the next round. But meanwhile, he would get himself into more trouble, or we would, and we'd have to carefully manage support again. We just gave up on the game at this point, it was just really boring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how things work in duo mode. Sorry it was such a frustrating experience. So far I can only really vouch for 3 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.