Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
220 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Its official. Kingdom Death Reprint Kickstarter 2. Nov 25th - Black Friday rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N P
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Its official. Kingdom Death reprint will be a kickstarter. Begins November 25th, 2016 - Black Friday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Brillant
Canada
red deer
flag msg tools
finally gonna get my hands on this !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
dennugsmello wrote:
Its official. Kingdom Death reprint will be a kickstarter. Begins November 25th, 2016 - Black Friday

I couldn't resist. Some cataclysmic end-of-the-world Armageddon music is needed for the destruction of Kickstarter that's about to be unleashed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Its finally happening! Im so excited...and scared at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
70 days to save up as much money as you can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glorious news. I got the notification while at work and had to take a bathroom break. Not spending another cent until that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So is he planning on finishing the first Kickstarter before launching a second one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
So, as someone who knows little about kickstarter I have a question... Last time, there was different awards given along the line. How did that work? Was those rewards only for those who pledged after the point where they were made available? Or were they for everyone who had pledged a certain amount at anny time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
mb
Cue: "I'm so excited!"

Now, time to squirrel away all my reserves until that glorious day! It's going to be a lean two months...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
valle1 wrote:
So, as someone who knows little about kickstarter I have a question... Last time, there was different awards given along the line. How did that work? Was those rewards only for those who pledged after the point where they were made available? Or were they for everyone who had pledged a certain amount at anny time?

Doesn't matter what time you pledge you get all the stuff that is unlocked at the level you pledge. However, some pledges may be limited in number (Black Friday special) but they won't have different stuff, just a cheaper price.

I have the game and all expansions but I am curious as I expect there will be new stuff in the form of extras. Though this KS may be at a smaller scale than the last one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
So.....

hope it will surpass the Darksouls KS.. 4M is surely within reach. The game has meet the high expectations, and the hype around it should be really good to attract new potential customers.

As i see it, is a "legacy" type of game done right, as there is a story but is not one time only, like seafall or pandemic legacy. And every iteration, the story is unfolding itself. No "destroy components", but the progression is there as the story events and random events are happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valle1 wrote:

You may have different pledge levels, which entitle backers to different range of things, but usually all of them include all unlocked stretch goals (see below). The moment in which you pledge does not affect what you get, which is defined by the amount you pledge, not by when you get aboard.

Most campaigns include "strecht goals" to encourage backing, which are being unlocked for everyone once the relevant funding threshold is met. In other words, a level X first-day backer receives the same stuff as a level X last-minute backer (sometimes you are even allowed to late-pledge after the campaign ends and these late amounts may or may not count towards unlocking further stretch goals for everyone).

Add-ons are a different thing, since they are separate purchases that you have to make to get them. Only backers paying for them receive these.

Hope it helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strewart wrote:
valle1 wrote:

Doesn't matter what time you pledge you get all the stuff that is unlocked at the level you pledge. However, some pledges may be limited in number (Black Friday special) but they won't have different stuff, just a cheaper price.

I have the game and all expansions but I am curious as I expect there will be new stuff in the form of extras. Though this KS may be at a smaller scale than the last one!

I expect the opposite: now that KD:M is widely known as the best of the best for many people, I bet there will be tons of boardgamers hoping to get it. In the gaming groups that I know, usually only one one has it and the other 3-4 would love to, but they won't pay Ebay $$$. So most probably they will jump aboard this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
panwuan wrote:
So.....

hope it will surpass the Darksouls KS.. 4M is surely within reach. The game has meet the high expectations, and the hype around it should be really good to attract new potential customers.

As i see it, is a "legacy" type of game done right, as there is a story but is not one time only, like seafall or pandemic legacy. And every iteration, the story is unfolding itself. No "destroy components", but the progression is there as the story events and random events are happening.

I wouldn't call KD:M a legacy game, which implies 0 replayability. The story events may repeat, but these events (except for certain milestones) change from campaign to campaign, and even more, their outcomes might be also different. If you want a story-driven thematic game, it is obvious that you may have to repeat the relevant parts of a story at a certain moment whenever you restart, but the rest of the game will most probably change and provide a complete different experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
So is he planning on finishing the first Kickstarter before launching a second one?

Yes 99.999999% of it he hopes, as stated in the update email they sent out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
strewart wrote:
valle1 wrote:

I expect the opposite: now that KD:M is widely known as the best of the best for many people, I bet there will be tons of boardgamers hoping to get it. In the gaming groups that I know, usually only one one has it and the other 3-4 would love to, but they won't pay Ebay $$$. So most probably they will jump aboard this time.

I don't mean smaller scale in terms of number of backers or dollars, I mean I don't think he will ambitiously add 10 expansions as stretch goals this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
70 days to save up as much money as you can!

With KD is impossible. I already spent money on the new miniatures on the shop. shake

I hope there is something new for the people who already backed the first KS so we can help reprint the game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
dennugsmello wrote:

Out of curiosity, where was this announced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
mb
The newsletter email. Text below:

"Kingdom Death Kickstarter 2

Let’s go ahead and make it official. We will be launching a kickstarter to fund the reprint of Kingdom Death: Monster on Friday November 25, 2016 - Black Friday. I will be offering no details or glimpses, as I prefer to keep it a surprise."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are people's predictions for the re-print delivery date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:

Christmas, I guess. So they can justify the money spent. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
panagaeus wrote:
Laardge11 wrote:

Christmas, I guess. So they can justify the money spent. devil

Won't the Kickstarter campaign be ending around Christmas or later? I guess having it the following Christmas would be quite nice, though. I'd actually look forward to that holiday again! (...though the idealist in me hopes it won't take that long.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please launch a version without the miniatures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
canada_doug wrote:
Please a version without the miniatures!

I'll take bets now on this NOT happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theweefrenchman wrote:
canada_doug wrote:
Please a version without the miniatures!

I'll take bets now on this NOT happening.

I think you're right on this, but the requirement of building the minis is enough to keep me away. I'm of course not saying that Poots should cater to me and I have no clue whether it would make financial sense. I'm just saying that I would love to see a standee/counter version .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.