Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says there are three spaces on the board that are reserved for cards but doesn't say how to tell what those spaces are.

What are the three reserved spaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noctis City, Phobos Space Haven, and Ganymede Colony are reserved for the city tiles played by the cards with the respective names.
Blue areas are reserved for oceans. However, 3 cards place tiles on blue areas anyway: Mohole Area, Protected Valley, and Mangrove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Aponte
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
I totally didn't see them either. They're off the main Mars area, not adjacent to anything else. Left of oxygen track and above standard projects area. One looks like a moon, and the other a shiny star. All have the large city symbol marking them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Hi there,
unfortunately, I was not able to find an answer to this question:

If your first and only tile on the board is a special tile like the nuclear wasteland area, do you have to place your greenery tile next to it?
Ruleswise, we decided to go with "yes", but thematically we thought "no".
I mean, why would you have to expand from an area, you blew up with a nuclear bomb?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
The rulebook says there are three spaces on the board that are reserved for cards but doesn't say how to tell what those spaces are.
They're clearly indicated on the board overview on page 4: It's the three spaces with the legend number '12'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmuelle wrote:
Hi there,

If your first and only tile on the board is a special tile like the nuclear wasteland area, do you have to place your greenery tile next to it?
I mean, why would you have to expand from an area, you blew up with a nuclear bomb?

Cheers

The rule is that you must place greenery next to an existing tile that you own, so if the only tile you have placed is the nuclear zone, you must place your greenery next to it (unless it's already surrounded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
schmuelle wrote:
Hi there,

Cheers

The rule is that you must place greenery next to an existing tile that you own, so if the only tile you have placed is the nuclear zone, you must place your greenery next to it (unless it's already surrounded).

True. In this case, the greenery tile must be placed next to the Nuclear zone tile.
And you could also argue that a nuclear zone needs some kind of operated perimeter to keep intruders out. You wouldn't want people to get hurt from the long-term radiation, or from additional blasts, would you?
The area is big enough to safely cover all radioactive ground, and is a good base from which to expand your activities. Much easier than flying around the globe each time you need to sow some seeds and tend to the plants in the harsh Environment.

Cheers!
/Jacob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Quote:
True. In this case, the greenery tile must be placed next to the Nuclear zone tile.
And you could also argue that a nuclear zone needs some kind of operated perimeter to keep intruders out. You wouldn't want people to get hurt from the long-term radiation, or from additional blasts, would you?
The area is big enough to safely cover all radioactive ground, and is a good base from which to expand your activities. Much easier than flying around the globe each time you need to sow some seeds and tend to the plants in the harsh Environment.

Cheers!
/Jacob

That is an awesome explanation
Thanks for clearing that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.