Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card no 015 - printing error? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Jansen
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
I'm using the german version of the game and want to check if there is an printing error.

The Iconography on the card says to increase your energy production by one to increase your terraforming value. But the text below the iconography states that you have to lower your energy production to increase your terraforming value.

Which one is correct or do miss something?

The iconography is the same as in this picture:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlesMingus wrote:
I'm using the german version of the game and want to check if there is an printing error.

The Iconography on the card says to increase your energy production by one to increase your terraforming value. But the text below the iconography states that you have to lower your energy production to increase your terraforming value.

Which one is correct or do miss something?

The iconography is the same as in this picture:

No, the iconography says "1 energy production" + "transform" + "1 TF value". It is consistent with all other cards with an arrow. Just compare it to the card next to it. There you also pay 1 money and not receive it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Jansen
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
An, now i get it. Thanks for the hint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If an action has a cost, you see this cost before the arrow, for example pay 1 energy production to raise your terraform rating.

Think prices in the supermarket: It doesn't say milk costs -1 EUR!

To make sure people read the iconography correct, you also have the explanation text... Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The text is correct. The iconography could have been better by putting a MINUS before the energy production icon.
It takes energy to feed the Mars magnetic field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thress
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Since the ratio is 1 to 1, can you spend more to get more? Could I lower my energy production by 5 to increase my terraform rating by 5?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PolcatPaul wrote:
Since the ratio is 1 to 1, can you spend more to get more? Could I lower my energy production by 5 to increase my terraform rating by 5?

Thanks

No. You may do the exact action shown (1 for 1), up to once per generation. This is the rule for all blue cards with an action on them.

Consider: some blue cards you don't spend anything for, so it's 0 for 1. Well, 0 for 100 is the same ratio! Likewise, imagine how strong your interpretation would be for Thorgate - get ridiculous energy production going, then turn it ALL into TR on the last turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
PolcatPaul wrote:

Thanks

No. You may do the exact action shown (1 for 1), up to once per generation. This is the rule for all blue cards with an action on them.

In contrast, look at Power Infrastructure (or whatever its name is) - that one explicitly allows you to spend any amount of power (tokens) to gain as many M€ tokens as 1 action.

But most cards work like this one, and it's important that they only work with limited "throughput" generation by generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.