Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Special rule for 1805 Campaign:

Quote:
As long as this condition is not met. No other Coalition action may be undertaken ...

On the first turn it is possible for Napoleon to reach ULM.

Since the coalition cannot do anything else except besiege Ulm & Mantua. The French could sit in ULM, blocking the siege using Napoleon, while the remainder of the French forces move about Europe totally unmolested. Cleaning up Italy, Portugal etc.

They could even attempt to force the Channel crossing as England would be unable to reinforce the lone fleet that is defending the channel.

Should this instead read:

Quote:
No other Austrian action may be undertaken..

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

For what it's worth, here's the reply from the game's designer: 1805 Starting Restrictions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes. Didn't page through to the end of the rules questions before posting.

So it looks like France can block Austria indefinitely and instead mount campaigns against Naples, Denmark, Portugal, even Prussia without response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming the French can conquer the Papal states without lifting the Austrian restrictions as this is an Ally and not a National Territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I believe my rating this game a 4 says something about what I think of some of the design decisions.
I would definately recommend lifting the restrictions at the end of 1805 as was suggested in the thread I linked to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.