Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
And also Mountain Man and other new releases. In light of news about the expansions for Nightmare Ram, Frogdog, Gryphon etc. How do you justify the purchase, knowing there will likely be an expansion for a given figure down the line? How do you feel about double-dipping? The game is expensive as it is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mockerre wrote:
And also Mountain Man and other new releases. In light of news about the expansions for Nightmare Ram, Frogdog, Gryphon etc. How do you justify the purchase, knowing there will likely be an expansion for a given figure down the line? How do you feel about double-dipping? The game is expensive as it is...

I am not a mini collector myself, so I aim for expansions that add actual gameplay content to the game. I happened to purchase the gryphon collectors' edition but ended up reselling it (retail price+shipping, no profit XD).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Shu1984 wrote:

I am not a mini collector myself, so I aim for expansions that add actual gameplay content to the game. I happened to purchase the gryphon collectors' edition but ended up reselling it (retail price+shipping, no profit XD).

Me too. Originally. Now I long for the new releases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if the roles will be some kind of KS bonus. But, man, I am sorely tempted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't feel too bad about double dipping, if only for the reason that most of the actual plastic figures have had slight tweaks and modifications to them, so they aren't inherently the same.

As someone who enjoys building the tiny things more than anything else, the process of putting them together is quite different in both materials due to how the figures are produced, so it becomes almost a new kit in my eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
got a guard because I think the detail won't be as good in plastic, and I like the design. Didn't get the mountain man, because I don't care enough about the design to think it's worth getting twice, regardless of material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No game play content is quickly turning into non-buy for me.

The figure and pose need to be very compelling for me to purchase otherwise.

I hope the KS offers more (better?) than we've been getting over the past few releases.

Regarding the Goblin Gaurd mini... It is an interesting sculpt.
If you're not a collector or avid minis painter, I'd probably pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was into the resins for a while, but they are harder to work with and less likely to be used on the table even with rules so I will mostly stick to plastic unless there is one that I really like the style of and want in greater detail. The other consideration is how long until the miniature (if ever) becomes plastic. Would you rather have it to paint and maybe use for something now (mostly only the survivor sized ones) or wait unknown months or years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.