8 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Want to buy sunstalker with another expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to buy sunstalker for sure, I already have dragon King and flower knight , but I want to know which other expansion I could buy to add the most variety to my game, manhunter? Gorm? Lion God? Any thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
I'm going to buy sunstalker for sure, I already have dragon King and flower knight , but I want to know which other expansion I could buy to add the most variety to my game, manhunter? Gorm? Lion God? Any thoughts ?

First: do you know that KDM is being reprinted -KS starts Nov 25- right? Maybe you could wait and see if there's anything interesting there (i bet there will be).

In case that you want an expansion now, you have to know what sort of addition you want- Quarries? nemesis? My humble advice is that you gather all the relevant info so that you can know what every expansion adds to the game (and when it is introduced -you might aim for a low tier quarry or otherwise...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go for Gorm, as it gives you lots of good gear and cool new mechanics. It also gets on the table quite often because it's an earliest quarry with the White Lion.

Lion God might be the one that won't get in play very often as it's a high(est) level quarry at the moment.

Dung Beetle Knight is also a good choice for a monster. He comes with interesting new mechanics and quite tough fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, now that I think More about it, sunstalker is already a quarry so maybe it will be a good idea to add a new nemesis , which u guys think is the best expansion nemesis ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manhunter gives amazing loot and, if you lose, he will haunt your settlement (well, enslave).
Slenderman hashis own unique little mini-loot/craftable gear and changes up the campaign massively by replacing other boss fights. Gorgeous, if fiddly, model.
The Lion Knight looks like he offers generally terrible loot, but his retinue offer some amazing new armour sets, a limited ability to recycle old, useless gear and he gives you some tactic card,, so that isn't true. If you have the other knights he's more tempting.

I'd go Manhunter or Lion Knight. Given the Knight is totally OOP, go Manhunter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for manhunter as thr model is bad a** looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I have been out of the loop working in the middle of nowhere. Where was that info? Very exciting to finally hopefully jump on board of this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.