Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Wooters
United States
Flowery Branch
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm starting to get into this game. I like it. But, I have a silly question.

The winner is the player who has more control points then any player's total influence.

So, why couldn't someone just create a deck with 1/2 dudes and 1/2 deeds? Why even bother with the other cards? Just flood the board with deeds and dudes until you have more influence then your opponent(s). Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a super skilled player, but there are decks like that. I think they're called "Dudes and Deeds". There's also a strategy called "Landslide" and "Clown Control."

Possibly the only down side to these is having the ghost rock to put everything into play, paying the upkeep of dudes that have upkeep, keeping the other players from taking control of your deeds, and avoid cheetin' punishment.

But what you suggest is definitely a strategy as far as I know of, try it out and see how it goes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you can play a deck like that. Like the above user stated though you won't have any kind of decent draw structure for shootout hands if you go that route. If you get into shootouts your opponent will pretty much auto win so you'll have to avoid fighting at all costs. That means that your opponent can just come over and sit on your deeds to stop you from making any money off of them.

Its possible to play a deck like that, you just keep everyone at home and play as many deeds as you can and once you have more deeds than your opponent can control you can start playing dudes to keep up with influence. Your opponent will control all of your control points early in the game so if they can get a bunch of their own CPs in play you might have a hard time keeping your influence ahead of their CP total which is all of theirs and all of yours.

Its a very noninteractive way to play the game however and most people will be turned off by it. No one likes playing against a landslide deck, you'll be like the guy who plays a prison or stax deck in Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it, but it doesn't always work well because your deck is generally very poor at shooting as a result of neglecting two suits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a slide decklist that was popular last year:

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/1480/banditslide-2-0-livonia-mi-s...-

and a more recent one:

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/1994/108-slide-2nd-7th-place-2016...

Here's one with the Morgan home:

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/2101/lulaslide-hartlepool-uk-depu...-

Worldly Desires and the original Morgan home seem to be the most popular choices for this playstyle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Wooters
United States
Flowery Branch
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the feedback! You guys are awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.