Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Malinowski
Poland
Warszawa
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played TM 5 times already and I've enjoyed every second of these plays.

So the question is: does the designer plan/consider to release an expansion some time in the future? (when? )

Especially more titles and awards would be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Or how about a package to improve the look/ feel of the game components? Great game, sad production values. Maybe that was the best that could be done at the new USA factory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wager the designer is unwilling to go beyond cryptic hints at an expansion at this point.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23577123#23577123
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tclynch wrote:
Or how about a package to improve the look/ feel of the game components? Great game, sad production values. Maybe that was the best that could be done at the new USA factory?

This is exactly what my wife and I were hoping for. The game is fantastic but the bits are lacking. My metal blocks are chipped already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
tclynch wrote:

This is exactly what my wife and I were hoping for. The game is fantastic but the bits are lacking. My metal blocks are chipped already.

My metal blocks came PRE CHIPPED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean one of the corners, this is not a fault, all cubes must be produced like that, because that's the entry point for the plastic injection. With metal coating, this is unavoidable and NOT a quality issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I replaced the junk plastic resources with metal ones from the GeekStore. Less sliding around and much more fun to handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We can confirm that we have more than 1 expansion under development. It looks very promising so far... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
I replaced the junk plastic resources with metal ones from the GeekStore. Less sliding around and much more fun to handle.

Shiny! I use those for Pax Porfiriana. I agree they are very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
We can confirm that we have more than 1 expansion under development. It looks very promising so far... :-)

terraforming Venus?
Reds rebellion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gergotz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tclynch wrote:

I would've rather had some more attention paid to the box itself. My copy's insert was totally destroyed before I even opened it. And the box doesn't feel like it will take too much damage at all. I'm ok with the cubes and such getting chipped a little, but yeah, cubes and the tiles are already showing marks and I've barely played so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sychosymatic wrote:
tclynch wrote:

I would've rather had some more attention paid to the box itself. My copy's insert was totally destroyed before I even opened it. And the box doesn't feel like it will take too much damage at all. I'm ok with the cubes and such getting chipped a little, but yeah, cubes and the tiles are already showing marks and I've barely played so far...

My insert was the same way. Ripped and torn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Sychosymatic wrote:
tclynch wrote:

You're gonna have to toss the insert anyway when the expansion comes out, so don't sweat it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Sychosymatic wrote:
tclynch wrote:

You're gonna have to toss the insert anyway when the expansion comes out, so don't sweat it

Already did. And have everything stored in these little stackable containers, individual mini Planos, basically. Cards sleeved, just need some deck boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm going to play my first game this weekend. Got it at a very nice LGS in Pineville, NC with the promo cards. It's sad how....well, poor the production quality is for this game. My insert was ripped as well. Flimsy player boards, dull graphics....for $70, I expect more. Hoping the play will make up for it, but my next buy will be Mechs vs Minions and for $10 more, well....there is no comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Besnard
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rowdy,
Where did you get it in Pineville? I live in Charlotte and I might be interested in getting Terraforming Mars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Befa wrote:
Rowdy,
Where did you get it in Pineville? I live in Charlotte and I might be interested in getting Terraforming Mars.

In Pineville at Charlotte Tabletop games. Right in downtown Pineville.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Labatut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes an expansion has been officially announced :)
http://www.fryxgames.se/terraforming-mars-expansion/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vLabz wrote:

Yes an expansion has been officially announced
http://www.fryxgames.se/terraforming-mars-expansion/
...and it's very likely only the first of several!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.