Subject: On the boat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Burden
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know from personal experience trying to find the last expansions both large and small for Talisman is not very easy now since FFG and GW announced their break up as copies sold out and speculators stepped in to grab the last copies of various titles that were for sale from OLGS.

I did notice on the FFG website that that they have both Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The City Expansion and Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Woodland Expansion expansion listed as on the boat at the moment. I hope this is true and more copies arrive.

I hope that stores will get them and be able to offer them for sale at a fair price without price gouging that we have seen on several products since the announced termination of FFG and GW working agreement.

The only Talisman related items that seems to be the hardest locate, good luck on finding it, is Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Nether Realm Expansion and Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Deep Realms Expansion. Since they were both print on demand and FFG ceased producing any print on demand products at just about the moment the announcement FFG concerning GW was released. I imagine that in the future those print on demand expansions will be the one's that will be the hardest to find in the secondary market.

Good luck in the hunt for those last elusive Talisman expansions you had put off buying, I am in the hunt with all of you as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that make my beta copy of Deep Realms even more valuable? My friends who are Talisman fans are jealous I have Talisman products that are not on the market. (That is beta is different than the ones they bought.)

I bought the last expansion when the news hit, having put it off waiting for a sale. I am glad my collection is complete. I have been a fan since the 80's and none of mine will ever be sold, beta or produced content.

I do wish everyone good luck finding their Talisman needs.

I did experience something similar though. I found Runebound 2nd edition when everyone was starting to say it was hard to find. I was able to buy the base game and 1 large expansion, and several small expansions at near normal prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that this was probably the most comprehensive and complete version of Talisman ever released.
It will be very hard for anyone to top this version of the game.

Mine is nearly complete, as I'm only missing 3 expansions (Nether Realm, Harbinger, and Cataclysm) and I plan on keeping it. I doubt I'd even buy another edition unless GW themselves released it with beautiful models.
Otherwise, I'm happy with this edition, and that's even if I don't get those last few expansions for completion's sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have everything apart from the Dragon and the two POD expansions, and am happy with that. Would have loved a sea expansion, or more replacement centre boards, but what was made is great for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I really wish they would have reprinted the Reaper. It's the only one I am missing, though I used to have it. I lost it and the main box on a camping trip this past summer and didn't think picking up another copy would be big deal. With copies of that one now going for $100, how wrong I was. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greenalfonzo wrote:
I really wish they would have reprinted the Reaper. It's the only one I am missing, though I used to have it. I lost it and the main box on a camping trip this past summer and didn't think picking up another copy would be big deal. With copies of that one now going for $100, how wrong I was. soblue

They had more than 1 printing of The Reaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB wrote:
greenalfonzo wrote:

They had more than 1 printing of The Reaper.

I meant before the end in February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.