Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesús Couto Fandiño
Spain
Avilés
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(which seems to be 99% of the questions )

Just to be sure - you are overcome, you DONT pass. You pass on the next turn if you are STILL overcome, so there is one last chance for somebody to do their magic to help you.

Then you pass and NOTHING will make you unpass. Right?

We were playing yesterday with people saving passed samurais as long as it was due to overcome and not to choosing to pass, but it seems to me now that was wrong.

In any case the bandid pulverized us but hey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
klauplacius wrote:
Just to be sure - you are overcome, you DONT pass. You pass on the next turn if you are STILL overcome, so there is one last chance for somebody to do their magic to help you.

Then you pass and NOTHING will make you unpass. Right?

Correct. Regardless of voluntary or forced passing, passing is until the end-of-the-round. Btw. before the passing (voluntary or forced), the last visible penalty of the Raider on the right is triggered... one last time.

Don't forget your uncollected defense-symbols of a passed Samurai still trigger their respective penalties, when the round is over and evaluated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Zukowski
Poland
flag msg tools
Hey just a question cause I'm not sure if I understood you right. When you take a penalty at the very start of your turn you take it one more time when you decide to pass, is that what you're saying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
grim1234 wrote:
Hey just a question cause I'm not sure if I understood you right. When you take a penalty at the very start of your turn you take it one more time when you decide to pass, is that what you're saying?

Yep, basically:
Phase 1) Applying the bottommost visible penalty (unless your (own or borrowed) talent allows you to ignore the penalty)
Phase 2) Choosing between supporting / taking a card / passing. When you are over your kiai at this point, you must pass, but that doesn't allow you to skip phase 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.