Frostgrave» Forums » General

Subject: More than 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Frostgrave work ok with more than 2 players playing at the same time or is it pretty much strictly two war bands at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played but from what I read yes it works and has rules for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Because the ultimate purpose of crime is to establish the endless empire of crime."
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the Mausoleum scenario with three last weekend. I think I prefer it with three over two, though two is fun, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not restricted to 2 players.
I'm thinking about playing with three some day.
I guess it depends on what kind of player you are. I have read some reviews from players who were very dissatisfied with the randomness of the D20.
For others that's part of the ridiculesness and randomnes that is frostgrave. Part of the fun.
More than 2 players make the game even more unpredictable. I'd love to see that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me a while to understand how the math works out, but now that I get it, the d20 system makes sense.

Only the guy who rolls the highest in a combat causes damage. That damage is the die roll - the defender's armor. Almost all armor in the game is 10. So you have to roll 11 or higher on a d20 to cause any damage at all.

This makes magical weapons that add +1 very useful, and makes guys with relatively small armor differences (say 12 instead of 10) much more steady than one might think.

The randomness comes in when your puny thief rolls a 20 against a knight with a +3 magic sword and rolls a 1. That knight's 12 armor still causes 8 damage to him. If you are using the Critical Rules, that's 16 points of damage, and he is taken out of the game.

I don't have a problem with this, though: the knight isn't dead. He has to roll to see what his fate is. He might miss the next battle, or he might die, or something else.

I wish the game forced you to split your loot with your warband -- it's weird that you pay these guys money, and they just stay with you forever.

I also want experience rules for the whole warband.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Squires
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes very well. In fact, I have never played with just two players. Really the more the merrier. I think a game might be kind of lame with just two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.