Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Dear users

I have a question.

On kickstarter page there is a stretch goal with additional scenarios.

2 for 3 players, 2 for 4 players and 2 for 5 player.

I have a question, as in the base game there is already one scenarion for 3,4 and 5 players.

How many scenarios for 3,4 and 5 players should be? 2 or 3?

It is written that they will be in atlas expansion but atlas expansion have only one scenario

On the other side, when I am checking original rules from base game I can see that on of those kickstarter extra atlas scenario is already in that rules ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the way the board is set up for multiple players?
The alternatives are on the last page of the ATLAS expansion rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly this was changed in the german version. There is no variant for 3 players in the Atlas rules but there are lists of heroes to use in 4 and 5 player games with Atlas and the three different legendary city expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stratton
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Interestingly this was changed in the german version. There is no variant for 3 players in the Atlas rules but there are lists of heroes to use in 4 and 5 player games with Atlas and the three different legendary city expansions.

I'm beginning to be disgusted with there being different rules for different languages, and then the designers don't come on here and tell us what the real rules are.

I can understand translation errors, but there needs to be someplace we can all go to discover the rules as they were meant to be!

I've never paid much attention to this before, or even realized it was ever an issue. Was it? Has this happened in other games, too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik_the_Red wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

I'm beginning to be disgusted with there being different rules for different languages, and then the designers don't come on here and tell us what the real rules are.

I can understand translation errors, but there needs to be someplace we can all go to discover the rules as they were meant to be!

I've never paid much attention to this before, or even realized it was ever an issue. Was it? Has this happened in other games, too?

Academy Games has the bad habit to change some rules... that was already the case about Fief, that would have been much worse about Mare Nostrum if proofreaders wouldn't have yelled when Uwe wanted to change the game setup to make it noob-friendly (this has no sense as this isn't a game you learn in five minutes, Uwe wanted to have only 5 Heroes&Wonders shown at the beginning)

The true rules are the french ones (nothing about chauvinistic matters), they have been playtested by the designer and Asyncron to get them right.

I pretty like Academy Games, but I'm not fond of their way to change rules.
Asyncron never did that on Conflict of Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let me get this right... if I buy the english game I have a set of rules and if I buy the french one I have a different set of rules?

Is this what you're saying?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I n Polish version we have one additional scenario for 3, 4 and 5 players. Also, we have list of heroes which are to be used in those scenarion, but I cannot find such list in english rules. Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a way to ask the developers for a clarification? Everything would be solved with an updated .pdf rulesset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
Is there a way to ask the developers for a clarification? Everything would be solved with an updated .pdf rulesset.

I've heard an updated .pdf is coming. A word of warning though, it will be delivered 8 to 10 months late and US backers will get it first whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
I've heard an updated .pdf is coming. A word of warning though, it will be delivered 8 to 10 months late and US backers will get it first whistle

Do not forget that French rules V28 will be way different than english rules! And english scenarois will be different than french ones!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Once the rules are digitalized, I suppose the BBG community can build all the scenarios in a single .pdf. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I can get a picture of the german back of the rulebook later.

We tried the alternate setup for 4 players with Atlas yesterday (one player wanted to be Hammurabi or Atlas, which is not possible with the normal 4 player layout) and I'm not sure wether this was a good idea or not. This removes the right part of the map (like in a three player game) and adds Atlantis which also adds a lot of redundant ressources and cuts some of the already scarce ones, e.g. papyrus, gold and wood.
In contrast to our first game (4 players, normal layout) which lasted only 5 rounds (since Rome didn't want to attack the Greece because she likes peaceful games; Greece expanded and build the pyramids) this was really long. I think around 12 turns and was won by building the fith hero by one player. Maybe the available heros weren't the best (we played with 5 available).
So my preliminary conclusion is, that if you want to play with the alternate layout, you should have some experience with game and should play with all heroes available. It seems for us it was to early (only the second game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The 4 player setup tells you to remove Egypt and Babylonia and the 5 player setup tells you to remove Babylonia.
Below that are the lists which heroes/wonders to choose when playing with or without the legendary cities expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks exactly like in Polish copy.

But I am curious because there is only 15 heroes, with 4 from Atlantis.

Which means that there is only 11 heroes on main board which are available to buy ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
Let me get this right... if I buy the english game I have a set of rules and if I buy the french one I have a different set of rules?

Is this what you're saying?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Yup. Not as different as with the 2002 edition, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.