Subject: 3 Cultists + Paranoid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Worden
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Greetings,

My question is about when you are on a space with 3 cultists and roll the sanity die and it comes up "Paranoid". Would this lead to 2 Awakening Rituals back to back or just 1?

Thanks for your time,

Nusty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. I would only lead to 1 Awakening Ritual. It's an edge case, but one that should have eratta for sure so that people know it doesn't trigger two.

Thank for asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
kaatmal wrote:
Great question. I would only lead to 1 Awakening Ritual. It's an edge case, but one that should have eratta for sure so that people know it doesn't trigger two.

Thank for asking.

or it triggers 2 in an extra hard version. Don't risk being paranoid with a group a cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Read
msg tools
Greetings All,

I had this very same situation last night.

We only did one Awakening Ritual - based on the thinking that two cultists popped in to join the happy throng at the same time, pushing the critical mass over 3 and leading to an Awakening Ritual.
There's nothing to say they arrived at different times and so spark off two rituals.

Glad I saw this post before submitting my own query.
Yea for the forum!

Frec the Obscure,
Durban,
South Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
msg tools
kaatmal wrote:

Thank for asking.

This may be an edge case, but it happened on my second game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
I'd like to inquire about an even edgier case, if I may . . .

What if, in a four player game, you get a shoggoth at the Train Station in the setup phase and all four players get Paranoid on their sanity rolls? Would this lead to three Awakenings, or just one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In this rare example, I would still rule it still only triggers 1. 3 would be insanely punishing for the worst luck possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification! I must say, it's a lot better than the Five Awakening Rituals nightmare I was dreading at first.

But - (sorry, but my brain keeps throwing up these scenarios) - say a location has two cultists and two investigators, then a shoggoth moves in. The investigators roll for Sanity and they both get Paranoid. Would this result in one Awakening or two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.