Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Giersch
United States
Saukville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there a premium painted figure of this character? If not, do you think there may be plans to produce these? I have a ton of the premium figures I was going to use for the game. While I am it, might there be other characters/monsters that may not have a premium painted counterpart?

You know, with the move to a new miniatures based Terrinoth game, this makes me wonder if there may be plans to update all of these miniatures used for the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ggiersch wrote:
Was there a premium painted figure of this character? If not, do you think there may be plans to produce these? I have a ton of the premium figures I was going to use for the game. While I am it, might there be other characters/monsters that may not have a premium painted counterpart?

You know, with the move to a new miniatures based Terrinoth game, this makes me wonder if there may be plans to update all of these miniatures used for the game...

There are 4 new investigators in Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition that are new to the Arkham Files games and do not have premium painted counterparts.

* Agatha Crane/Parapsychologist
* Preston Fairmont/Millionaire
* Carson Sinclair/Butler
* Father Mateo/Priest

At the same time, the game also included the last four "missing" monster sculpts, and so those HAVE now been released as premium painted figures (they even filled in the numbering system for the FFG SKUs, after years and years of those gaps being there).

* Child of Dagon (Barnabas Marsh)
* Deep One Hybrid
* Priest of Dagon
* Star Spawn

There are rumblings that all the premium painted figures are getting a re-release (about 1/4 of the investigators, and many of the monsters have been out of stock for quite some time -- technically speaking, the out-of-stock monsters have come in Mansions of Madness, Forbidden Alchemy, and Call of the Wild boxes in unpainted form, so there has been some recourse).

With luck, the 4 new investigators will get painted versions soon/then. But the premium painted figures fan has learned first-of-all-things patience over the years.
______

TL;DR: No. MoM2E introduced four new investigators who have never had a painted version released, Father Mateo among them. All other investigators and monsters from all the Arkham Horror games + The Cultist Leader (the only MoM specific monster figure) have been released in painted form; but many of those are out of stock and have been for quite awhile.

EDIT: expanded investigator list into bulleted list, added names of newly released monster sculpts/painted sculpts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.