Subject: Searching for Jacksonville Florida Gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Eli Orsino
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
I just moved back to Jacksonville after living in the NYC metro area for the past 15 years and I'm looking for some opportunities to play some board games.

I have joined the meetup group that gathers at Cool Stuff and a couple of the other local game stores and plan on going up to Borderlands as well.

Are there any other groups out there? I have a young daughter, so weekdays are often difficult to arrange. I live off of Greenland Road, not far from Mandarin High School. Once I get fully unpacked and settled in I might be able to host.

-Eli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently moved from CT and have had trouble finding gamers. I am going to the Cool Stuff Games gathering today (Saturday).

I had a regular group of gamers and miss having those playing opportunities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
see the following thread from a couple months ago

Looking for players in Jacksonville, FL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
The guys that play at Borderlands run a gaming convention in February.

www.rapier.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Eli Orsino
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
I was on a shopping expedition today that turned into a saga and I wasn't able to make it up to Cool Stuff this afternoon. Was there much of a turnout on the board game front? There are always a multitude of card gamers.

With my daughter having softball practice on Monday's and Wednesdays I doubt I'll be able to make another Wednesday meetup until she starts playing games, which I believe starts at the end of the month or beginning of October.

-Eli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're over on Fleming Island and we game every day and weekends as well. You're welcome to come join us if you like, we have a decent size collection of games with a lot of selections to play. Contact me via Geekmail for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Baker
United States
Waycross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eliscoming wrote:
I was on a shopping expedition today that turned into a saga and I wasn't able to make it up to Cool Stuff this afternoon. Was there much of a turnout on the board game front? There are always a multitude of card gamers.

With my daughter having softball practice on Monday's and Wednesdays I doubt I'll be able to make another Wednesday meetup until she starts playing games, which I believe starts at the end of the month or beginning of October.

-Eli

Eli, what types of gaming are you interested in? Euros, wargames, hex and counter? Obviously, card games aren't strong for you
I am in Waycross GA about an hour and a half from Jax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Coffey
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Again Eli:

If you are able to make it to Borderlands Comics and Games on Atlantic Boulevard on Wednesday night, The Jacksonville Garrison will be having our monthly meeting starting at 6:30. It will be a good opportunity for you to meet a number of different types of gamers. Ask for Chip. We will be discussing our gaming convention Rapier which will be held February 10th through 12th, 2017.

Chip Coffey
POC
Jacksonville Garrison
www.rapiercon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Eli Orsino
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
I generally prefer Euros. I like some that are light/gateway and some heavier ones as well. I generally like games that can be cranked out in around 90 minutes or so.

I also avoid games that are entirely focused on the theme, but have poor mechanics, and I'm definitely not into "take that" sort of games.

Some of the non-CCG games are okay, but I haven't really played very many.

Hex and counter are okay, but many are two player and some of them are complex enough that I don't want to invest the time to learn them.

I enjoy Brass, Steel Driver, Railways of the World, various dexterity games, 6 nimmt!, Agricola/Caverna, Ticket to Ride Asia (the team aspect), Indigo (Tsuro on steroids), Power Grid, San Juan, Tzolk'in, Concordia, Splendor, Russian Rails etc.

Some of the Co-ops games are fun as well.

I used to like the longer, marathon games when I was younger, but now I don't have the time to invest in something like the original Civilization (which I love).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Eli Orsino
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Cranston wrote:
Hello Again Eli:

If you are able to make it to Borderlands Comics and Games on Atlantic Boulevard on Wednesday night, The Jacksonville Garrison will be having our monthly meeting starting at 6:30. It will be a good opportunity for you to meet a number of different types of gamers. Ask for Chip. We will be discussing our gaming convention Rapier which will be held February 10th through 12th, 2017.

Chip Coffey
POC
Jacksonville Garrison
www.rapiercon.com

I known Chris and Tim Forster so I was already aware of the monthly meetings. I just need to have the evening free so I can make it. Depending on my daughter's softball schedule I may be able to make one of the future monthly meetings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Coffey
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eli:

Check out the Rapiercon Facebook site for additional information on our upcoming convention. You also may want to stop by Borderlands on Fridays night to meet some of the group.

Chip Coffey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.