Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All US brigades have three different deployments available. The most common is deployment #2.

So if we withdraw a brigade in the first deployment is credit given for the withdrawal of the HQ?

If we are in the 3rd deployment, is credit given for withdrawing the HQ? If so, when would that be applied (e.g. if we withdraw a battalion at a time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd say that you need to separate the HQ from the brigade if you want to withdraw the brigade partially.

It should not be possible to withdraw a battalion which has a part of the HQ mixed in.

It is up to your house rules to determine if the deployment can be changed at the moment of the withdrawal, or does the partial withdrawal require that the brigade has already been set to the "separate battalions and HQ" configuration previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the phrasing of the Withdrawal section:
Restrictions sub heading. I would think if you are in a deployment where the HQ is distributed across the battalions (deployment 3), you would have to withdraw all 3 because battalions, according to rule 9 you can't deploy just one Battalion in that configuration so you can't withdrawal that unit in that configuration unless they all go.

As for "credit" for a HQ, I would say you never get it unless the physical counter leaves , so 3rd and 1st deployments are not a good one to be in if you need or want to withdraw. The withdrawal rules say in groups they are received as reinforcements, you can take a brigade in either 1st or third deployment so they can be withdrawn there but there is no "counter" on the board for the HQ so it doesn't count.

Just my 2 cents of logic on all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick Le Bloa
France
lorient
flag msg tools
mbmb

I will do it simple.

First all the brigade/regiment mean 4(or 5 for some)
Second one for each counter.
Third one for each counter and if all the brigade withdraw +1
When the last unit leave the field +1 .

My 2 cents.

Have Fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mullen
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur with Patrick above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Chambers

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm inclined to agree with Patrick. I would just add that if a 3rd deployment U.S. brigade is being withdrawn piecemeal, none of the battalions can be reintroduced until the the entire brigade is out. That is to comply with the rule regarding withdrawn HQs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mullen
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raindem wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with Patrick. I would just add that if a 3rd deployment U.S. brigade is being withdrawn piecemeal, none of the battalions can be reintroduced until the the entire brigade is out. That is to comply with the rule regarding withdrawn HQs.

I'd quibble on the last point. The HQ isn't technically "withdrawn" until the last BN-Sized TF element is withdrawn. I'd posit that reintroduction is still possible with one 3rd deployment BN still on map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Chambers

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmb
Navaronegun wrote:
The HQ isn't technically "withdrawn" until the last BN-Sized TF element is withdrawn.

Well, technically, 1/3 of the HQ gets withdrawn with each battalion (in 3rd deployment), and thus could not return as per the rules. I would agree that the +1 CP recovery is not achieved until all of the HQ has been withdrawn. But nothing in the rules supports the return of a partially withdrawn HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mullen
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raindem wrote:
Navaronegun wrote:
The HQ isn't technically "withdrawn" until the last BN-Sized TF element is withdrawn.

Buut nothing in the rules supports the return of a partially withdrawn HQ.

Nothing in the rules prohibits it either. It's not addressed. My contention is that as written, when an HQ counter is withdrawn, you have pulled every bit of the HQ echelon from country. And the rules state that is the point at which it cannot be reintroduced. In third deployment, that occurs when the last BN is pulled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.