Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Up Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basic movement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that if there are 2 movement cards on a group, then the group is considered to be in open ground.

Is 2 the highest number of movement cards that a group can have played on it?

Can someone choose to play 2 movement cards onto a group if they aren't in a terrain that requires it?

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
o0dano0o wrote:
The rules say that if there are 2 movement cards on a group, then the group is considered to be in open ground.


Correct, once 2 movement cards are in play on group, the terrain is ignored--with the minor exception of a Gully. In a Gully, the first movement card is "hidden" from opposing groups not on a Hill or at RR5.

Quote:
Is 2 the highest number of movement cards that a group can have played on it?

No. Any number of movement cards may be on group, but only the last two count for defensive TEM. (I.e. +2)

Quote:
Can someone choose to play 2 movement cards onto a group if they aren't in a terrain that requires it?


Yes--on separate turns.

Quote:
Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Richard is correct on all points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure that if you do place more than 2 movement cards on a group then the ones on the bottom are discarded. They certainly are put in the discard pile in time for reshuffling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's incorrect. Movement cards played on a group remain there until a terrain card is played on top of them. A reshuffle doesn't alter that. You may be thinking of the case where you are in the middle of resolving a fire attack and a reshuffle is needed. In that case the cards used thus far to resolve the fire attack are shuffled into the deck and then you finish the fire attack resolution.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
pretty sure that if you do place more than 2 movement cards on a group then the ones on the bottom are discarded.


A common misperception, but no. It is possible through multiple rejection of terrain to end up back in the original terrain.

Quote:
They certainly are put in the discard pile in time for reshuffling.


Nope. During a fire attack, the Fire card, any concealment and cards drawn for RNC's are included in the shuffle.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
DiploGuy wrote:
pretty sure that if you do place more than 2 movement cards on a group then the ones on the bottom are discarded.


A common misperception, but no. It is possible through multiple rejection of terrain to end up back in the original terrain.

Quote:
They certainly are put in the discard pile in time for reshuffling.


Nope. During a fire attack, the Fire card, any concealment and cards drawn for RNC's are included in the shuffle.


Oh alright, good to know, thanks.

But why the clarification on the cards included in a shuffle during a fire attack? My statement had nothing to do with a fire attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I implied in my answer, it was a guess that you were confusing the situation where you do shuffle the cards back in with how you handle movement cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hassell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Edit: It turns out my response missed an important detail of the conversation and wasn't really applicable.

My apologies. In the meantime, let's have a dance party!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if for whatever reason a player has 5 movement cards down on one group and is at RR5 he could end up back at RR0 with enough terrain rejections?

First rejection back to RR4 and movement turned sideways. Next rejection the movement card is removed. Now the next card is in the forward position so upon the next rejection it's turned and RR brought down to 3. And so on... is this correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Let us know if you ever encounter this situation. laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.