Subject: Implementing Cover in the Mines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

So, I'm trying to figure out how best to implement the cover system in the mines, as the mines weren't really designed to include cover (wasn't a feature yet).

So far I have just been hiding in nooks, half in half out or around corners. I don't think you can do much more than that, but if anyone has any good ideas, please share with us to make the mines that much more strategic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Graham
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Use henchmen or donkeys etc to hide behind, gaining cover, if you have the Allies? Each successful cover roll gives 1 wound to the Ally you are hiding behind? Just a thought lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can also treat cover-looking art on the tile as cover. There's plenty of barrels and minecart and such on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
You can also treat cover-looking art on the tile as cover. There's plenty of barrels and minecart and such on them.

yea, this is what we are doing.. kind of.
we use corners, edge round and such
But heroes dont cover.. just bandits. at 1st we were doing bandits and heroes, but then the range enemies became quite of nerf down a bit. So we just play the bandits "smart" and they would go for cover when they can.
(we also play them like that on the town, they would not go out of cover unless they HAVE to)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

The idea of using allies for cover is great! Brings in the easy hecnhmen ability of taking damage for you.

Maybe if people have the Treddera other world they can put the barrel minis on top of these spots. Not sure how well that would work but could add some 3 dimensionality to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.