Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RAGE DISCLAIMER: Hello, internet friends. I am a deeply flawed human being that has played the game only eight (8) times so far. The comments that follow are strictly an anecdotal assessment, and not an objective declaration of anything but my strong opinion, which is weakly-held. I also love this game, rate it a 9 (I've only given a ten to two games out of hundreds and hundreds), ponied up for a Meeple Reality wooden storage tray, and play it as much as I can.

THE DEATH STAR: early/mid game, an indestructable super-transport. You don't actually expect to win many battles with it, as the Rebels will keep their distance, and run away if possible when engaged. Late game, in combination with One in a Million (guaranteed DS kill) and Death Star Plans (two-point Objective), it's a total liability. At that stage, the best thing it can do is not die.

THE PROJECT DECK (10):
1x Construct Death Star
2x Construct Factory (add to build queue and remove Sabotage)
2x Construct Super Star Destroyer
2x Oversee Project (deploy from the 1 or 2 into a system with your units and no Rebel units)
3x Superlaser Online

Constructing an SSD is something you'd want early, which is also the point at which you'll be wanting to 4X rather than screwing around with multiple mission assignments (one to draw, one to play), while only having a chance of even drawing it. Constructing a Death Star you would also want to do early, but not really, because you create a double liability in the late game. Blowing up systems is more or less a Hail Mary play if your DS is somehow near what you think their base is, and you think you can't take it otherwise. Inspire Sympathy (Rebel points for destroyed systems) ensures that you'd not want to do it in any other context. Oversee Project has pretty serious restrictions, and pulling something off the 1 is pretty pointless for deployable systems, because it requires assigning a leader to oversight - a leader which will prevent whatever you're deploying from moving. I think the greatest utility here is putting a transport into an otherwise-undeployable system, like a remote or a sabotaged one, when you also think or know it's close to their base and you don't have better options.

Construct Factory is the only card I'm always happy to see. Production is good, removing (common) Sabotage is good, and it's the only way that Sabotage can be pulled off of a Subjugated system.

Which is all to say, I only tend to draw Project cards as a side-effect of (mid-to-late, and rarely) playing Research & Development to remove a Sabotage marker from a Loyal system, and I usually end up discarding them in favor of whatever comes up from the Mission deck. I find this pretty disappointing, because I want the Death Star to be cool, and I want the Project deck to be cool. It's probably my biggest gripe about the game, and the thing I'd most like to see mixed up in a potential expansion. As-is, I do well with the Empire by ignoring its thematic "greatest threats," and hope my opponent screws with them when I'm playing the Rebels, because I'll expect to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
I agree that the project deck is very situational and somewhat of a red herring fir new players, but the is nothing more epic as the empire when tou fly a lightly defended Death Star into the Rebel Base and use Superlaser for the win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm even more of a noob, as I have only played 5 games, but I don't think that the death star stinks (at least not entirely). But here are my thoughts.

astroglide wrote:

THE DEATH STAR: early/mid game, an indestructable super-transport. You don't actually expect to win many battles with it, as the Rebels will keep their distance, and run away if possible when engaged.

I think you are really underselling this. For the first few turns, it's completely indestructible. If you locate and move it well, it can completely deter building alliances and placing troops in entire regions of the board. Also, you can deny any system you want from the rebels and their only plausible response is to retreat. That's pretty powerful. Especially when only a few regions create capital ships, so their denial is important.

Quote:

Late game, in combination with One in a Million (guaranteed DS kill) and Death Star Plans (two-point Objective), it's a total liability. At that stage, the best thing it can do is not die.

Side note: Has there been a clarification from FFG on this? Is One in a Million allowed to be used for the mission? I can see it argued either way, but my initial thought was that it only worked in actual combat.

But I digress. I've only seen the Death Star destroyed in one of the 5 games I've played. I don't see its destruction as the certainty that you seem to. It's destruction is reliant on several things:
- Allowing Rebels to build up a fleet around the DS: Ideally you are denying and subjugating as many systems as possible. By the time the DS plans are available, the Empire should have significant board control. The ability for the rebels to quickly mass fights within one region of the DS is not a given.
- Allowing fighters to survive combat with the DS: Tie fighters are super cheap and plentiful. There is really no reason not to have 5 around the DS at all times. Also, many of the tactics cards allow for additional damage. With fighters being so squishy, it's not too hard to eliminate all of them given the next point.
- The attack on the DS is super obvious: Not only can you tell when the rebel might have the plans based on his use of infiltration and the stage of the game, but it is extremely obvious that an attack is coming based on how he deploys his troops. Considering everyone at the table knowing what is happening, it's not entirely a given that the fighters will survive to make the attack. And if they do, it has required a substantial commitment.

Quote:

Constructing an SSD is something you'd want early, which is also the point at which you'll be wanting to 4X rather than screwing around with multiple mission assignments (one to draw, one to play), while only having a chance of even drawing it.

Agreed, but there are also several missions allowing you to draw 2 projects, so you might be able to get to them faster. Having 3 would be nice.

Quote:

Constructing a Death Star you would also want to do early, but not really, because you create a double liability in the late game. Blowing up systems is more or less a Hail Mary play if your DS is somehow near what you think their base is, and you think you can't take it otherwise. Inspire Sympathy (Rebel points for destroyed systems) ensures that you'd not want to do it in any other context.

Again, our opinions of the DS in general flavor our opinions of building a second one. I have won a game with the second DS. I built it mid game in a region where I had little support for a ground invasion if the rebel base was there. The rebels ended up in that area and I blew up the base. It allowed to me the ability to relavitely cheaply hammer the base out. Building up an invasion force would have been much more costly at that point in the game.

I don't see blowing up a system as a Hail Mary. By the mid point in the game, the options for the rebels are pretty slim. It's not too hard to narrow down possible locations. Your DS allows you to commit ground forces to other regions, which I think is pretty useful.

Quote:

Oversee Project has pretty serious restrictions, and pulling something off the 1 is pretty pointless for deployable systems, because it requires assigning a leader to oversight - a leader which will prevent whatever you're deploying from moving. I think the greatest utility here is putting a transport into an otherwise-undeployable system, like a remote or a sabotaged one, when you also think or know it's close to their base and you don't have better options.

Agreed, this is incredibly situational and usually lame. It is great when you have an SSD or DS2 on 2, but otherwise, not that exciting.

Overall, I have similar feelings about the project deck. Maybe I view it a little more favorably. Getting an SSD out early can be huge and they are just fun to build. If the deck was any better, I think you would be hearing that it's too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dignan wrote:
Side note: Has there been a clarification from FFG on this? Is One in a Million allowed to be used for the mission? I can see it argued either way, but my initial thought was that it only worked in actual combat.

Of course it can be used against the Death Star. Have you even seen the movie? "Great shot, kid. That was one in a million!"

But you do use it in combat. Not as part of a mission. At the end of the combat round when surviving starfighters make their run on the death star. If you have the One in a Million action card, you play it and guarantee the result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mb
KoalaXav wrote:
Dignan wrote:

Of course it can be used against the Death Star. Have you even seen the movie? "Great shot, kid. That was one in a million!"

But you do use it in combat. Not as part of a mission. At the end of the combat round when surviving starfighters make their run on the death star. If you have the One in a Million action card, you play it and guarantee the result.

Everything from that action card shoots: "Use this to destroy the Death Star!", not to guarantee two damage (which is blockable btw) on a ISD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dignan wrote:
astroglide wrote:
THE DEATH STAR: early/mid game, an indestructable super-transport. You don't actually expect to win many battles with it, as the Rebels will keep their distance, and run away if possible when engaged.

I think you are really underselling this. For the first few turns, it's completely indestructible. If you locate and move it well, it can completely deter building alliances and placing troops in entire regions of the board.

Which is to say that, early/mid game, it's an indestructable super-transport from which the Rebels will keep their distance, no?

It has early utility. Still, if I could start the game with a Super Star Destroyer instead of a Death Star, I would do it in a heartbeat, and never plan to build a DS.
Quote:

Rule book, page 7: The “One in a Million” action card can be used to automatically roll a for the “Death Star Plans” objective card.
Quote:
I've only seen the Death Star destroyed in one of the 5 games I've played. I don't see its destruction as the certainty that you seem to.

I forgot to mention Plan the Assault, which moves ships from the Rebel Base to an Imperial ship (e.g. Death Star) and resolves a combat. This is the conventional way, if drawn, to "teleport" into a DS kill. Mid-to-late game, one still has to keep their DS covered with at least 5 Tie Fighters and from any extant fleets as a precautionary measure. Which is a Hell of a weak posturing for, "the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet."
Quote:
With fighters being so squishy, it's not too hard to eliminate all of them given the next point.

It can be very hard with a max of five (5) black dice (plus five red and cards) to eliminate all of them in a single combat round. They only need one (1) to survive one (1) round of space combat to have a guaranteed kill with OIAM.
Quote:
Agreed, but there are also several missions allowing you to draw 2 projects, so you might be able to get to them faster.

None of which I would want to gamble on early, rather than reliably establishing board control.
Quote:
I don't see blowing up a system as a Hail Mary.

You need to have the (two-point vulnerable) DS in position, and have drawn Superlaser, and assign someone to play it, and it guarantees a point from Inspire Sympathy.

If you're not sure it's their base, that's the definition of a Hail Mary for me. I've done it on a guess, but only out of desperation.
Quote:
If the deck was any better, I think you would be hearing that it's too powerful.

I only access the deck as a side-effect of a rarely-used card, and usually throw away whatever I draw from it. I think the bar could be set higher than that without it being considered OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as said before, the death star is pretty invulnerable in the first part of the game.

death star plans isnt an automatic win without once in a million, even then, oiam might kill the first death star but the 2nd you build is likely to have high chances of surviving the death star plans and you can indeed see an attack coming most of the time. and oiam isnt a sure draw

the SSD is the best ship, almost a fleet on its own you really want these in the game.

as the game unfolds dependent on which cards are drawn (action/mission) all is very situational and has its uses accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much agree. The Death Star is just a huge liability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
I pretty much agree. The Death Star is just a huge liability.

It was in the movies too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Episode VII teaches us the Empire/First Order solution to any handicap is to build even bigger liabilities. I'm waiting for the Dyson sphere version, where it just fires and blows itself up, sparing everyone else the trouble of Death Star disposal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
So you want the big planetkilling transport that only becomes destructible through luck of the draw and an overwhelming rebel force to... remain indestructible the entire game?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, THAT would be unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
So you want the big planetkilling transport that only becomes destructible through luck of the draw and an overwhelming rebel force to... remain indestructible the entire game?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, THAT would be unbalanced.

1: planet killing is not a significant and reliable game strategy
2: drawing Plans (making the DS destructible) is inevitable in a game of any length
3: a single black-HP fighter surviving one round of combat has a 40% chance to destroy it

I didn't state, imply, or even think that I felt the Death Star should be indestructible, though. So, the answer to this straw-man question is, "no"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:

1: planet killing is not a significant and reliable game strategy

Look, I don't think that the DS is the core of Imperial strategy, but this statement is pretty weak from my perspective. The DS by itself, when used as a part of my overall strategy, effectively won a game for me. I realize that all game experiences are different, but it is pretty "bold" of you to claim that blowing up a planet isn't significant or reliable. In actuality, it has been exactly the opposite for me. It is very easy and reliable to blow up a planet. Much more so than all these givens that you claim the rebels will always have.

Quote:

2: drawing Plans (making the DS destructible) is inevitable in a game of any length

While this may be likely, it is by no means inevitable. I think that a majority of games will lead to this options, but the statement itself is false. It is clearly not "inevitable". But again, are you proposing that the DS should be indestructible for the whole game? Or that it should be unlikely that you ever draw the plans? What do you think is fair here?
Quote:

3: a single black-HP fighter surviving one round of combat has a 40% chance to destroy it

This seems very thematic, while at the same time manageable. I've also see three fighters make it through the first round and whiff on the plans. It's not a given that the plans + one fighter = dead DS. Again, I would ask you what you would like to see instead of this? Do you want it to be more difficult to kill? How do you want to implement this? Do you have a variant in mind?

The real question on this thread is: what are you wanting instead of the current state of the game? It's hard to have a productive discussion without you proposing anything concrete. I could be swayed to variations in the project deck. I think having a third SSD card might be a good idea. Do you have any specific fixes in mind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
Also, I know its been a while since I played Rebellion but how are we getting a single fighter surviving has a 40% chance? Isn't it just one die roll?

Right, three dice. nevermind. I would still argue that 40% is far from a sure thing. Chances are you miss and have to make the attempt a 2nd time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
40% is not a sure thing and neither is one in a million.
yes if you successfully mount an assault on the DS and survive a round with Luke/Wedge and the card, you got it.
In fact all the times I have blown it up I have only attempted to do so without the card once.
However it is pretty hard to position yourself to kill a DS.
Its not like the Empire is letting you do this, they are probably halting your production, and the locations you can deploy to. So often you are forced to place the units in the rebel base, and unless you have plan the the assault card, you are still kind of in trouble.
Yes I have attacked from my base successfully a few times, but then you are giving your location up.
What I am trying to say is it's hard. There needs to be a good amount of planning put into blowing up a DS, its harder than a few of the other missions.
Yes it counts for 2 points, but it helps the Empire a bunch to start the game off.
I often try to blow up a planet with the DS if I think it helps me/saves me a movement out of position to check.

I have beaten the rebels utilizing the death star a few times.
Once by blowing up the rebel base when no ground troops were around to help.
Another time by blowing up a planet to turn a rebel system neutral, the rebels lost their way of deploying reinforcements. In this same game it also stopped the rebels for scoring the objective for 6 rebels systems at once.

The Empire only has to many cards that let them gain loyalty on systems without units, the super laser card is one of them, one that cannot be opposed, and there are 3 copies of it, pretty sweet.

Lastly regarding the project deck:
it's awesome!
SSD are fantastic no once can argue against them.
COnstruct factory adds units while removing sabotage form ANY system, also great.
Lasers, explained above.
Oversee project, one of my favorites, not only did I win thanks to this card (I had a star destroyer hovering above a hidden by lightly guarded rebel base - i used this card to bring in an At-AT right into the base to win the game), but it also solves the often probelm of systems that have ground but no transport, or ships with no soldier to go and subjugate/base check. Really great card.
The only "bad"card in the deck is probably the DSUC, mostly because it adds it in a system that will have to be reinforced or Faraday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Master
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Destroying a planet also gives you loyalty boost, so you recoup the 2-cost action. It's definitely worth doing at some point early if the situation warrants it.

A single-VP stage III objective played in the refresh phase (inspire sympathy) is actually useless, since by that time the rebels should have plenty of refresh phase objectives they could complete and not enough turns to play them in. The objective only helps if empire blows up 2 planets, which is less advisable.

I do wonder how feasible a project-deck focused empire strategy can be. I have played a game where empire was having a hard time producing via normal means but used a lot of project cards to pump out extra ships and sort of made up for a less successful expansion early. This is kind of a cool option to have, though I don't know if it's a strong enough strategy to be viable in most games. 3x superlasers are needed so you can get 1 when you need it, but it's true if using the project deck you want, for efficiency sake, to also be shooting at last 1 planet with the death star.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dignan wrote:
it is pretty "bold" of you to claim that blowing up a planet isn't significant or reliable...It is very easy and reliable to blow up a planet

I said, "it is not a significant and reliable game strategy." The claim was not, "it's hard to blow up planets." I just wouldn't remotely count on it as a winning approach to playing Empire.
Quote:
While this may be likely, it is by no means inevitable.

Again, I said, "is inevitable in a game of any length." Death Star Plans are a stage II (and III) objective. If you get eliminated before getting through stage II, I'd say that you played very poorly and/or got incredibly unlucky.
Quote:
But again, are you proposing that the DS should be indestructible for the whole game? Or that it should be unlikely that you ever draw the plans? What do you think is fair here?

Again, I said, "I didn't state, imply, or even think that I felt the Death Star should be indestructible, though. So, the answer to this straw-man question is, "no.""

I think you're reading into this that I think it unfair that Plans exist, or that the Death Star can be destroyed. I don't. I was directly responding to the assertion that the DS "only becomes destructible through luck of the draw" (you only need to not get destroyed before the middle of the game for it to become destructible) and "an overwhelming rebel force" (you only need one a black-HP fighter in your force to survive a single round of combat to have a healthy chance). This isn't a complaint, it's a reporting of objective fact.
Quote:
It's not a given that the plans + one fighter = dead DS.

AGAIN, I said, "a single black-HP fighter surviving one round of combat has a 40% chance to destroy it." You (and others) might give me credit for understanding that 40% is 40%, as opposed to 100%.
Quote:
Again, I would ask you what you would like to see instead of this? Do you want it to be more difficult to kill? How do you want to implement this? Do you have a variant in mind? The real question on this thread is: what are you wanting instead of the current state of the game? It's hard to have a productive discussion without you proposing anything concrete. I could be swayed to variations in the project deck. I think having a third SSD card might be a good idea. Do you have any specific fixes in mind?

I created this as a strategy thread, and not a variant thread. Strategically, I think it is a bad idea for the Empire to deliberately do much of anything with the Project deck. This only happens to disappoint me in terms of game design, but the way I've won games has been to avoid it, and a way others have lost games against me is to regularly draw and play cards from it. I am not proposing specific variants to address this, or asking for others to suggest them. I am positing an Empire strategy for discussion, which is to play hyper-conservative defense of the DS by mid game, and to generally steer clear of the randomly-drawn and mostly situational-at-best Project deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
my strong opinion, which is weakly-held

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
My typical use for the Death Star is to eliminate the Mon Calamari planet. It's remote and is the best planet for the Rebels to get the Calamari cruiser built.

I find in games where I don't vaporize it I have to keep a sizable garrison there as the rebels are always looking for a way to sneak in and get the cruiser started.

It can be a liability but since it's already on the board, might as well get some mileage out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE the Deathstar. I the last game I played, I destroyed two systems with the DS and turned Luke to the dark side. I still lost, but only barely. It was the most fun game of Rebellion I have played. That's the point of playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Biomage wrote:
I LOVE the Deathstar. I the last game I played, I destroyed two systems with the DS and turned Luke to the dark side. I still lost, but only barely. It was the most fun game of Rebellion I have played. That's the point of playing.

That's amazing, totally a circumstance just begging for an AAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Wilkes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've played a few games now and I think the Death Star is actually really useful. Every chance I get I superlaser a planet that either rebel ground troops are on that I can't be bothered fighting, or that has rebel loyalty. If the rebels ever need to rapid mobilise, it reduces the number of places they can by two - one because it's been blown up, and the other because you have loyalty. It also allows you to claim loyalty over a planet you don't have any troops on, thus telling you if the base is there or not. Throughout the game I try and kill as many rebel fighters anywhere on the board as possible and subjugate systems that allow them to build more, and if I see a rebel fighter group next to the Death Star I just move it out of the way.

However when I play as rebels I tend to wait for the "Plan the Assault" mission card, stockpile fighters in my base, and then once I'm ready launch a surprise attack to take it out, which usually works - even if they have 5 TIE fighters with it their odds of taking out all of your fighters in one shot considering block damage cards and rolls that miss are low. The only defence I've seen against that was my opponent used Admiral Piett's "Prevent them from escaping" to stop me retreating and kept a Star Destroyer with the Death Star - I destroyed the Death Star but lost almost all of my air power to do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Wilkes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Also, and I suspect this changes based on who you're playing, but the game for me has almost always ended by the time the Rebels get to their level 3 objectives, around turns 7-9. That being the case by the time they draw Inspire Sympathy, they'd be about to win some other way anyway so I don't ever worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:

IKR? The thing is, the biggest disputes so far have been straw men like, "do you want the Death Star to remain indestructible the entire game?" and, "40% is far from a sure thing," as opposed to something like, "I make purposeful use of the Project deck every game, and usually win, and here's how I've made that happen." Having a game strategy around the Project deck from the beginning of the game, not occasionally backing into a helpful planet destruction. It has cards which aren't blank, so one would expect that they do something, sometime. My experience has been that you can't count on or build around any of it, though, so the best way to win the game is to avoid the deck entirely because non-Project assignments have both lower variance and a higher expected value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Master
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
As has been explained to you, destroying a rebel loyal planet and getting a loyalty boost is actually a three action return, making ds well worth using. Project cards are also useful if you don't see the laser cards as useless.

Project cards like deploy or build take actions but especially in the late game you have plenty of actions what you lack is flexible deployment where and when you need it. Those are good things to have.

As for the 40% issue see my other thread. I agree with that.
It is a terrible mechanic that should be modified
To encourage strategy over desperation moves by the rebels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.