Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

When can those of us in the EU expect some sort of update about when we will receive our KS copies?

It's rather frustrating that folks in the US are already receiving their copies whereas the rest of us are waiting for any sort of news...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest KS update (Sept 14th).

EU: I got some correspondence from Spiral. They have been traveling and are back. I have still not got an update on Mythos Tales but I know they want it all shipped out before Essen. Watch your inbox for an email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've left comments on Kickstarter and I've emailed Spiral direct. No responses.

At this point I am beginning to suspect something has gone wrong. Why wouldn't they even at least say they are working on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Commissioner Bourbon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Particularly frustrating as now even 'the rest of the world' has received e-mails confirming movement and more information re: shipping. I'm hoping that we receive something within the next few days, would like to keep this thread (and my hopes) alive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not Kickstart this, but last week I pre-ordered it from GamesLore, UK. They advised that I shouldn't expect it until Oct, despite the website saying Sep, as they would be sending the Kickstarted copies out first. I got the impression they were expecting the shipment to arrive with them this week, but please don't take that as guaranteed as I'm just a punter who had a chat on the phone.

I usually get my games from them and their service is great. As for having to wait for my pre-order, that only seems fair and anyway, I've still got couple of Shirley Holmes cases to complete in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah. Even just an update saying "Sorry, customs delays. Will be with you late October" would be better than utter silence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Commissioner Bourbon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had an update today in response to a question I asked via Kickstarter, I have been advised Spiral hopes to be contacting backers week beginning 26/09. Attached was a picture of a large pallet of boxes....let's hope from here on out it's efficient!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So apparently they'll be flogging copies at Essen. Here's hoping they can be bothered to send out copies to the people who backed the game before they do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jonc83 wrote:
So apparently they'll be flogging copies at Essen. Here's hoping they can be bothered to send out copies to the people who backed the game before they do that.

Yep...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david gilham
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Spiral Galaxy Games have been working hard to get a payment system in place to collect the delivery charges for the EU pledges. As is often the case with some new software it has taken longer than we expected. However we are hoping to get the process under way 3rd or 4th October. Dispatch of pledges will then proceed from that point.
We have been packing them in the mean time so hope to clear the bulk, if not all, dispatches prior to Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for the update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've just received my email from Spiral Galaxy and followed the link to their site to pay for shopping & VAT. The total cost was £10.05 which I am very happy with. Looking forward to getting my game sometime soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Hunter
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
www.thegameshunter.co.uk - Free Shipping to mainland UK
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richdodgin wrote:

I've just received my email from Spiral Galaxy and followed the link to their site to pay for shopping & VAT. The total cost was £10.05 which I am very happy with. Looking forward to getting my game sometime soon

I am horrified and so angry at the VAT charge. Who is levying this, Spiral Galaxy I presum?

Don't bloody advertise EU friendly and then whack VAT on it. It is underhand and shady worst, and woefully disrespectful at best. EU friedly means that VAT should have been pre-paid when it hit the UK shores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's illegal in the U.K. To do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Hunter
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point of "EU-friendly" is that you don't have to pay local taxes, customs charges, and any associated handling fees imposed by the delivery company at the point of delivery, which often requires a trip to the local office of the delivery company. The avoidance of on-delivery customs charges requires that the final shipping is done from within the EU, so that the goods have already been imported into the EU before they are sent to the recipients.

The way this is usually done is to subsume VAT into the shipping cost, so you don't normally see it. When the shipping is paid during the campaign, this is why EU shipping is often more expensive compared to other regions that you might have expected.

In this case, 8th Summit chose to keep shipping out of the campaign (which has the advantage that it doesn't inflate the total used to determine stretch goals), so you're having to pay the VAT along with the shipping cost. You're still escaping any other customs charges. Looking at the KS page now, I can see that EU shipping was estimated as $22-$30, so just over £10 is actually less than expected. The only thing that isn't mentioned explicitly is that the estimate is so high because it includes VAT.

For a sort of comparison, the Dungeon Lords Anniversary Edition campaign also explicitly mentioned EU VAT - in that case EU pledges had to have 20% added to cover it, even though the shipping (for EU and US) was free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wortsenawl wrote:
No it's not.

Actually it is. Prices shown to consumers should include vat with a few small exceptions. I'm pretty sure, although I can't check right now, that this is EU wide.

Still I'm not involved so I'll butt out now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Hunter
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlyFlash wrote:
wortsenawl wrote:
No it's not.

Actually it is. Prices shown to consumers should include vat with a few small exceptions. I'm pretty sure, although I can't check right now, that this is EU wide.

Still I'm not involved so I'll butt out now.

I think I misunderstood what you said was illegal - apologies for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.