Subject: Game for kids from 4 years on with wooden components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hy, I am looking for a game suitable from the age of 4 with mostly better only wooden components. Please do not recommond "Animal on Animal" which is part of our collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Blue Orange is your friend. I recommend a look at Froggy Boogie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (Away/AFK)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Zoowaboo?

Was a hit with my wee cousin.

And yes, foxes are that big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Campbell
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Viva Topo!

Spooky Stairs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Zoowaboo?

Was a hit with my wee cousin.

And yes, foxes are that big.

Looks great. The animals seem to be quite similar to Animal on Animal. So maybe we will construct our own versin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SabataSmurf wrote:

Spooky stairs is fine. I forgot the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
If you like Animal Upon Animal perhaps you might like Mighty Mice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b1sti wrote:
Hy, I am looking for a game suitable from the age of 4 with mostly better only wooden components. Please do not recommond "Animal on Animal" which is part of our collection.

Maskenball der Käfer
Chicken Cha Cha Cha
My First Carcassonne
Gobblet Gobblers (there's an all-wood version as well as a plastic one)
+1 Viva Topo!
+1 Spooky Stairs
+1 Froggy Boogie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ghost Blitz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sputnik

Works great with 4 yr olds, nice chunky wooden pieces, and fun for adults. Also plays up to 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen so much differences in what children are able to play at the age of 4, I want to suggest 2 games with different levels of "complexity".

A game collection with really beautiful high quality wooden components is Mein erster Spieleschatz from Haba. It contains several really easy games, suitable also for kids totally unexperienced in board games.

For kids with a bit of gaming experience, I totally can suggest the "Kinderspiel des Jahres 2016", which is My First Stone Age (Stone Age Junior). Officially, it's for the age of 5, but the BGG-community voted 4 and I also have played it with a 4 years old and it worked quite well (but it was a child with some gaming experience). It's interesting enough to also be appealing to kids who are a bit older and the components are really great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pengoloo

My 3 year old loves this memory game. There are wooden penguins that sit on top of (completely covering) wooden egg. On each turn you roll two dice. The dice will show you what color you need to find. You get to look under two penguins to see if you got the right color. If you did you get to put that penguin in front of you. You get two guesses a turn.

There is some strategy my 3-year old is a touch too young for. If you get them both right you get to go again. Let's say you know the remaining penguins are sitting on a red egg, a green egg, and an orange egg. You rolled a blue and a purple. If you remember which penguins are already taken that were blue and purple you can still look at them (but you don't get to take them). Assuming you were right you can roll again and try see if you can roll a color you need.

The components are very nice.

(This is a Blue Orange game, I think, which one poster already mentioned they make games with good quality wooden components).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help. Greetings Bastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.