Subject: "Utilize a Colony" muliple times on same Colony? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Title says it all. If I have 3 UaC dice, can I use them all on the same colony or are colony powers limited to once per turn?

The rules didn't seem to expressly forbid it, so we assumed you could use the same colony power as many times as you could afford it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once they're colonized, you can use them freely, with the exception of a couple that explicitly say once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Alrighty, thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can unless the Planet card says once per turn. Note that planets Nagato and Zavodnick have been updated with the text "once per turn".

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
Yes you can unless the Planet card says once per turn. Note that planets Nagato and Zavodnick have been updated with the text "once per turn".

ninja

Updated where? Is this official errata, or are new cards going to be included with Beyond the Black?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's official, it was implemented in the 2nd printing, and future printings, of TEG. It's the only rules changes there have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pattersonclan wrote:
mgcoe wrote:

ninja

Updated where? Is this official errata, or are new cards going to be included with Beyond the Black?

This would be nice at least with the ks run of beyond the black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
It's official, it was implemented in the 2nd printing, and future printings, of TEG. It's the only rules changes there have been.

Any options for those of us with the first printing to get the updated cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be willing to add a little bit to my pledge for a "TEG 1e upgrade kit" that pulls the rules for those two cards out of the wibbly wobbly timey wimey zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's a comment (buried by now) in the KS about how it would not just be the cards' rule text that would need to be updated since there are other graphics changes that have been made.

So in order to maintain consistency and professionalism, a '1e upgrade kit' would have to include all new planet cards, and a new rule book. And that doesn't even address the changes to the player mats, and the screen printing on the yellow tokens; it is now black instead of white.

The stock of games in the retail channel is apparently 'KS Edition', but the stock available via the BtB KS is the 2nd printing, and has all the updates.

If the updates are important to you the only way to get them at this time is to pick up a copy of TEG via this campaign's pledge levels, or pledge manager.

I can't recall when the 2nd printing will enter the retail channel, but I think it was the first part of 2017; again reported in now-buried comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We do not currently have a way to purchase those cards outside the game.

We are considering an upgrade kit but no solid plans yet. With the exception of those two planets, any other minor tweaks are mainly aesthetic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see the upgrade kit so I don't have to purchase the game again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.