Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I've not played any game employing the cerberus mechanic. I hear its ok but no one seems to rave about it.
what is it about the mechanic that you think will be changed in this game? Should be changed for this game?

edit: corrected the spelling of cerberus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the batman version . I found it boring .. Didn't offer anything new ..I'm not sure why they have a basic deck building mechanic a name . Didn't seem to be anything new to me .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Here are two hints as to what is in store for the game:

https://www.cryptozoic.com/attack-titan-deck-building-game

And this is the back of the rulebook:

ROUND STRUCTURE
1. At the start of each round (including the first!), add cards from the main deck to the Districts equal to the number of players.
2. As a group, choose a player to be the first player this round. Give them the Round Token.
3. The player with the Round Token takes their turn, and then flips over the token. Play proceeds clockwise. The Round Token remains with the first player.
4. When the player to the right of the first player has completed their turn, the round is over.

TURN SEQUENCE
1. Play cards from your hand.
2. Total up your Move and Power. Use your Move to travel to new Districts and over the Wall. Buy cards with combined cost less than or equal to your Power total. You may play additional cards even after making purchases or moving.
3. As soon as you buy or gain a card, place it into your discard pile, unless instructed otherwise.

ENDING YOUR TURN
1. Announce that you are ending your turn. Your turn is now over.
2. Place any cards remaining in your hand into your discard pile.
3. Resolve any “at the end of your turn” effects.
4. Place all the cards you played into your discard pile. Any unspent Power or Move is lost.
5. Draw five cards from your deck.
6. The player to your left starts their turn, unless that player has the Round Token in front of them. If they do, proceed to the End of Round.

END OF ROUND
Once each player has taken a turn in the round, the round ends and the following happens in order:
1. Each Archenemy Titan regenerates 1 Hit Point per player.
2. Resolve “end of round” Titan Ongoings.
3. Each standard Titan deals 1 damage to the Wall in its District. Each Archenemy Titan deals 2 damage to the Wall in its District. For each Wall damage a Hero sharing a space with a Titan chooses to prevent, that Hero gains a Wound.
4. Flip the Round Token over to the Start of Round side, and then start a new round.

When your team has defeated all four Archenemy Titans, the game ends and your team wins!

The game ends immediately in a loss for the players when any one of the following three conditions is met:
• No Walls remain in play.
• You must add a card from the main deck to a District but cannot.
• Three Heroes have died in a 2- or 3-player game. Two Heroes have died in a 4- or 5-player game.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
noahshu wrote:
I had the batman version . I found it boring .. Didn't offer anything new ..I'm not sure why they have a basic deck building mechanic a name . Didn't seem to be anything new to me .

Are you planning on buying this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
First preview article is now up.

https://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/attack-titan-deck-building-...

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
fantastic...love what you have done to the cerberus engine here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.