Subject: Magazine subscription rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Locke
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check out my Youtube Channel: FatNastyNerd Runthroughs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All!

I have a subscription to Game Informer but as I don't really play video games anymore, I don't really care. Lol

I was wondering if there was a magazine subscription for board games that give the same information as Game Informer would. Entertaining to read but also informational

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were several monthlies featuring Magic: The Gathering but they are long gone. The internet is (mostly) free and has better resources.

Yet on the hobby front, FineScale Modeler and Model Railroader carry on.

Unless you're missing something specific, BGG is the place to read news or get links to other sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Locke
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check out my Youtube Channel: FatNastyNerd Runthroughs!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that does make sense! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Casual Game Insider. It's the best print news for our hobby that I've seen and the subscription is very reasonable. While I get nearly all my info from BGG, blogs and podcasts, it's still nice to have them around for when you want to unplug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FantasyNerd8 wrote:
Hello All!

I have a subscription to Game Informer but as I don't really play video games anymore, I don't really care. Lol

I was wondering if there was a magazine subscription for board games that give the same information as Game Informer would. Entertaining to read but also informational

I inquired about Counter Magazine (the digital version) here...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1355521/counter-digital...

I ended up getting an issue of Counter Magazine and Casual Game Insider. However, it's been 1 year and 3 months since I purchased those, but have only read 1 article in each issue. I was supposed to go through more of each when I took some flights, but ended up doing offline stuff on my laptop instead.

Also, I don't know if my purchases were only for the digital issues, or also included the print ones, but I probably should've sprung for the print ones (probably may have had shipping as extra?), as that would've increased my chances of reading them.

Do check out those magazines, and make sure you check to see if digital or print is OK (amongst whatever formats are available). Also, both are quarterly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.