Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did the blue SPI editions of S&S ever come with a plain brown box bottom? No printing of any kind on the bottom box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. This is how mine was when I purchased it in a game store in the 70's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall an SPI game being otherwise; they might have a one-page description cover sheet on the back before shrink-wrapping ghe whole kit and caboodle, but I can't remember if that was always the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
I don't recall an SPI game being otherwise; they might have a one-page description cover sheet on the back before shrink-wrapping ghe whole kit and caboodle, but I can't remember if that was always the case.

The deluxe boxed versions with mounted maps had boxes printed both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, Carl is absolutely right. Deluxe games - which came out 2 years before they boxed any of their other games - had both part printed, as Carl says. And the mapboards were mounted.
I have the info of which games had deluxe editions here:

http://spigames.net/formats__Mounted_Maps.htm

If you just want the final list, jump to the bottom of the page for that.

---Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am lucky to own most of the SP games with mounted maps. Over the last few years I have given away over 480+ games but have kept all these. meeple

At the time they were printed I was a young teen, and these games were readily available in the KayBee Toy/Hobby store in Plattsburgh, which was on the way to my parent's summer home in Lake Placid, NY. These games were played to death during the long summers I spent there. They somehow did not carry much of the "non-deluxe" games, probably because the ones with mounted maps had much heavier boxes and were selling better: at the time Avalon Hill games, their competition, had mounted maps for all their games.

Too bad they never produced a mounted map version of Swords & Sorcery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.