Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gaining a condition mid turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gained a dazed condition as a result of casting a spell and needing to flip a horror card that caused me to become dazed.

Casting the spell was my second action, thus after resolving all its effects, including gaining the dazed condition, my turn was completed... do I discard the dazed condition, or hold it through the conclusion of my next turn?

Does this ruling change if casting the spell was my first action of the turn?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got lucky. Conditions are discarded at the end of your turn regardless of when you gain them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, you do discard it at the end of your turn, which is somewhat immediately. If it was the first action you took, then Dazed will affect your second action, of course, but that's the only difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this come up in a game a few days ago. The spell in question dazed me and then I had to make a stat check (I forget which one). The dazed condition was discarded at the end of that turn but did have the effect of denying me the use of clue tokens for the stat check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.