Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair Games is running a special on their website for everything Chill for $100. As RPG's go, Chill has always been my favorite horror RPG.

Chill Complete - special
( SPEC-OFTHEWEEK )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MFG0668 Chill™ The Horror Role Playing Game (Softcover) $ 20.00 MFG0651 CHILL™ Accessory Pack $ 13.00 MFG0652 Chill: Vampires $ 12.00 MFG0653 Chill: Lycanthropes $ 12.00 MFG0654 Chill: Apparitions $ 12.00 MFG0657 Chill: Veil of Flesh $ 9.00 MFG0658 Chill: Horrors of North America $ 12.00 MFG0660 Chilled to the Bone $ 9.95 MFG0662 Chill: Undead & Buried $ 9.00 MFG0664 Chill: Voodoo Sourcebook $ 12.00 MFG0665 Chill: The Beast Within $ 17.00 MFG0667 Chill: Things $ 16.00 MFG0669 Chill™ Companion (Softcover)$ 12.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.mayfairgames.com

Direct link:

https://www.mayfairgames.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=acti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great RPG that I've been playing (and Chill Mastering) since Pacesetter released the original edition back in the mid-80s.

There is a rumored new edition coming, but it has been delayed for some time now: http://www.chillrpg.com/

Regarding the Mayfair sale... It's a pretty good deal, but if you're willing to poke around second-hand game dealers, auctions and convention flea markets, you could probably do better. Nice to get it all in one big chunk though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Babb
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A former roommate of mine has been running play tests of the new version recently. I don't know how close to a final version they are, since I've only heard it second-hand and haven't spoken to him in a few years. I suspect it must be near completion though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no new version of Chill currently in the works, per Mayfair's CEO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, per Mayfair's CEO, no one holds a license for Chill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cartoonlad wrote:
That's odd. Two scenarios come to mind: Either OWC's license to produce a Chill RPG has expired and OWC is not aware of this or Mayfair's CEO is not aware that his company entered into an arrangement with OWC four years ago.

I'd be very surprised if Mayfair's CEO didn't know about a license out, as he'd be getting $$ from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From www.chillrpg.com, dated 1-24-03:

"Welcome to the new home of the classic horror RPG, Chill! Thanks to the kind people over at Mayfair Games, OWC has assumed control of the property and will soon release a new expanded edition of this classic game."

Clearly either this is a lie or, as cartoonlad suggested, the rights have since reverted back to Mayfair.

As I have been following the development of this new addition with GREAT interest for some time now, I would really hate to learn that it has all been a scam perpetuated by an overzealous gamer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.