Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Neri
Italy
FIRENZE
FI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game last year and, finally, last week I started my first play (a solo play). I chose scenario 1 (Battle of Tidone Creek) for the limited number of counters and after 4 turns I have some questions mainly on Command and Orders, one of the most important part (IMHO) of each Napoleonic game.

1) A Brigade Officer is within Command Range of own Division Officer that, in turn, is within Command Range of Army/Wing Commander. Can the Commander change the order (through Divisional Officer) only to the brigade without change the order of the whole Division and without detach the brigade?

1bis) If the answer to number 1 is "No", why at start of scenario 3 Olivier (that is within Montrichard Command Range) has Defend order while Montrichard has Advance? It does mean that Oliver brigade is detached?

2) A brigade officer is OOC and changes own order by Initiative (so without detaching). When he'll return in Command can keep his order or he must revert to Division order?

3) Division F-M can stay in own Army/Wing Commander box? Rules don't say anything on this, they speak only of Brigade F-M that can stay in Divisional Officer box. At start of scenario 3, for example, Melas has Advance order and Ott, Morzin and Forster F-Ms stay all in Melas box. It does mean that Melas at cost of 1 CP can change order to the whole wing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piergennaro Federico
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto

AlbertOne wrote:
I bought the game last year and, finally, last week I started my first play (a solo play). I chose scenario 1 (Battle of Tidone Creek) for the limited number of counters and after 4 turns I have some questions mainly on Command and Orders, one of the most important part (IMHO) of each Napoleonic game.

1) A Brigade Officer is within Command Range of own Division Officer that, in turn, is within Command Range of Army/Wing Commander. Can the Commander change the order (through Divisional Officer) only to the brigade without change the order of the whole Division and without detach the brigade?

No

AlbertOne wrote:
1bis) If the answer to number 1 is "No", why at start of scenario 3 Olivier (that is within Montrichard Command Range) has Defend order while Montrichard has Advance? It does mean that Oliver brigade is detached?

Yes, it is detached

AlbertOne wrote:
2) A brigade officer is OOC and changes own order by Initiative (so without detaching). When he'll return in Command can keep his order or he must revert to Division order?

No, a commander MAY return a Brigate within his command range to his division (rule 5.4.2)

AlbertOne wrote:
3) Division F-M can stay in own Army/Wing Commander box? Rules don't say anything on this, they speak only of Brigade F-M that can stay in Divisional Officer box. At start of scenario 3, for example, Melas has Advance order and Ott, Morzin and Forster F-Ms stay all in Melas box. It does mean that Melas at cost of 1 CP can change order to the whole wing?

Yes, but all the wing have the same order and move in the same activation.

I hope you like the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Neri
Italy
FIRENZE
FI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Pierfederico

pierfederico wrote:
Alberto

AlbertOne wrote:

No

AlbertOne wrote:

Yes, it is detached

Ok for these answers.

pierfederico wrote:

AlbertOne wrote:

No, a commander MAY return a Brigate within his command range to his division (rule 5.4.2)

My question was a little different: we have at start an attached brigade with own brigade officer OOC. This officer changes order by Initiative.
Is the brigade detached after this change? I don't find a rule that clearly says that.

If not, what happens when the brigade officer will return within command range of his Divisional Officer?

pierfederico wrote:

AlbertOne wrote:

Yes, but all the wing have the same order and move in the same activation.

I hope you like the game

IMHO it's a good game, unfortunately some parts of Command rules are not well explained (maybe with more examples...).
Soon I'll start the whole Trebbia battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.