Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My prediction: if the election is still close after the debates, the Bush family will give their full endorsement of Hillary and many other mainstream and moderate Republicans will follow suit (as many already have). Maybe even McCain? Ryan? Who knows. I think even a lot of powerful Republicans realize what a disaster Trump could potentially be, and at least Clinton is predictable, they can work with her, and she will likely lose in 2020.

We already know the Bushes hate Trump, but they seem to be inching closer to an actual endorsement.

http://news.groopspeak.com/laura-bush-is-supporting-hillary-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillary and Trump ditch their VPs and run together under the "Screw you from the Left and Right" Party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
The IRS finally gives in to their Democratic overlords and leaks the details of their totally unjustified and fraudulent audit of Trump.

Turns out he's a Gigolo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
...at least Clinton is predictable, they can work with her, and she will likely lose in 2020.

Just to address this one point: Hillary Clinton is historically very unpopular when she's up for a job and enormously popular when she's actually doing a job.

Given the reality of the electoral college and the country's evolving demographics (and the fact that the GOP couldn't keep Obama from being a two-term president), if she's actually successful in November, we should all expect her to stick around for both terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
If the Bushes endorsed Trump, it wouldn't sway a single Trump supporter to reconsider. It would only confirm for them that the political class of both parties watches each others' backs.

And since that's a huge part of what drives Trump supporters, . . . well, it would not only firm up Trump support, it would likely drive more conservatives toward Trump.

I doubt it. Trump is pretty much maxed already I think, he certainly wouldn't gain support. Would he actually lose support? That I'm not sure of, but it might give more moderates pause.

There ARE still a lot of Republicans that love/respect Bush, much to my amazement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
If the Bushes endorsed Trump, it wouldn't sway a single Trump supporter to reconsider. It would only confirm for them that the political class of both parties watches each others' backs.

And since that's a huge part of what drives Trump supporters, . . . well, it would not only firm up Trump support, it would likely drive more conservatives toward Trump.

Fair enough, but why do you keep referring to Trump supporters in the 3rd person?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume Team Hillary announces she has some disease in an attempt to stir up some sympathy in a hail Mary situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Trump continues to oscillate between sort-of-reasonable Trump and outrageous Trump, but is careful to say enough completely offensive stuff to ensure he won't win...Thus allowing him to start his media empire, starting with a foundation of rigged election claims, and continuing with eight years of Hillary bashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I assume Team Hillary announces she has some disease in an attempt to stir up some sympathy in a hail Mary situation.

Bill being sick would be better for sympathy without bring up "can she serve?".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
The IRS finally gives in to their Democratic overlords and leaks the details of their totally unjustified and fraudulent audit of Trump.

Turns out he's a Gigolo.

Obligatory video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeXjBWN8LO8

Still more honorable than Hillary.....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Still more honorable than Hillary.....
you could have been talking about Bernie.

I meant Madoff, not Sanders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Trump says something really mindbogglingly dense and crass.

More come out about Trumps dodgy finances and maybe even his own deletion of e-mails relating to his business empire. Produces a watered down version of his accounts.

Wikileaks tries desperately to find more ways to undermine Clinton (as does Putin). Become more partizan by the day. More about the e-mails, more about Benghazi, more of the same.

Trump is fined for election irregularities, says it was Clinton's fault.

Rightists attempts to back Trump without actually saying they support him become more desperate. GOP starts to seriously split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

More come out about Trumps dodgy finances and maybe even his own deletion of e-mails relating to his business empire. Produces a watered down version of his accounts.

Wikileaks tries desperately to find more ways to undermine Clinton (as does Putin). Become more partizan by the day. More about the e-mails, more about Benghazi, more of the same.

Rightists attempts to back Trump without actually saying they support him become more desperate. GOP starts to seriously split.

I asked for October predictions, not a history lesson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Trump and Pence snog on stage in an attempt to steal the gay vote. It backfires. And he blames Hilary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I asked for October predictions, not a history lesson. :p
Well it is all rather circular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
What alternate reality are you guys living in that you can say with a straight face that Hillary can win?

Granted, any other republican would have lost to her, barring some unforeseen event.

Her race was over the day Trump sealed the nomination.

Almost 20% of the population is undecided. Newsflash!!! Trump has won the independents. The undecideds are Republicans. They are going to break heavily republican.

There was a thread posted here a few weeks ago crowing that a lot of Hillary's supporters plan to vote a straight republican ticket except for President. Guess what? That is horrible news for democrats. That indicates very soft support.

We are looking at a 50+, 45- final percentage with 15 states going democrat. BEST CASE.

I don't know what you guys are seeing. GO TEAM RAH RAH mentality, I guess.

I still don't think the powers that be are going to let her lose it for them when Biden cannot possibly lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

I doubt it. Trump is pretty much maxed already I think, he certainly wouldn't gain support. Would he actually lose support?

Meh. Said every pundit since the beginning of Trump's campaign. Didn't the polls trumpet his absolute demise a mere two weeks ago? But, you're right, it's in the bag! Why bother to vote? This is surely the message you want the already generally apathetic left wing masses to take in!

I assume Trump is saving what he views as his best tactical arguments for the end sprint.

As for Hillary, I wonder if she will show the utmost contempt for the American people by refusing to debate, making the shrewd decision that she potentially would have more to lose via collapsing on stage from her "pneumonia" than not showing. Or by being potentially bested in a Trump one on one savaging ("Low. Energy.")

David Cameron's contempt did not hurt him, after all, and provides the object lesson here... http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-election-debate-idU... Cameron's campaign was very much like Hillary's up to this point as far as the restrictive media access. Heck, VICE even did an episode on Cameron's careful restriction of the media I seem to recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
What alternate reality are you guys living in that you can say with a straight face that Hillary can win?

Granted, any other republican would have lost to her, barring some unforeseen event.

Her race was over the day Trump sealed the nomination.

Almost 20% of the population is undecided. Newsflash!!! Trump has won the independents. The undecideds are Republicans. They are going to break heavily republican.

There was a thread posted here a few weeks ago crowing that a lot of Hillary's supporters plan to vote a straight republican ticket except for President. Guess what? That is horrible news for democrats. That indicates very soft support.

We are looking at a 50+, 45- final percentage with 15 states going democrat. BEST CASE.

I don't know what you guys are seeing. GO TEAM RAH RAH mentality, I guess.

I still don't think the powers that be are going to let her lose it for them when Biden cannot possibly lose.
So all those Republicans who said they hate Trump, how is is not Republican, and that they woudl never vote for him will vote for him (exactly what WE have been saying all along)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

I doubt it. Trump is pretty much maxed already I think, he certainly wouldn't gain support. Would he actually lose support?

Meh. Said every pundit since the beginning of Trump's campaign. Didn't the polls trumpet his absolute demise a mere two weeks ago? But, you're right, it's in the bag! Why bother to vote? This is surely the message you want the already generally apathetic left wing masses to take in!

I assume Trump is saving what he views as his best tactical arguments for the end sprint.

As for Hillary, I wonder if she will show the utmost contempt for the American people by refusing to debate, making the shrewd decision that she potentially would have more to lose via collapsing on stage from her "pneumonia" than not showing. Or by being potentially bested in a Trump one on one savaging ("Low. Energy.")

David Cameron's contempt did not hurt him, after all, and provides the object lesson here... http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-election-debate-idU... Cameron's campaign was very much like Hillary's up to this point as far as the restrictive media access. Heck, VICE even did an episode on Cameron's careful restriction of the media I seem to recall.
On the subject of Cameron, if Trump is a protest vote, people tend to protest vote for candidates (or issues) they think have no chance of wining (as with Brexit). If Trump looks like he might win a lot of people may decide that his is not a "safe" protest vote after all (and thus may go third party).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

I am sure Hillary's campaign is gauging the amount of sympathy that can be garnered from going public about the syphilis her dirty dawg husband gave her.

Ok, just joking, no idea if it was syphilis.

I did find this amusing though: http://www.dailywire.com/news/9208/hillary-sends-thank-you-l...

Feeler to see how much support it garners? Or one affected woman to another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
von wildensee wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

On the subject of Cameron, if Trump is a protest vote, people tend to protest vote for candidates (or issues) they think have no chance of wining (as with Brexit). If Trump looks like he might win a lot of people may decide that his is not a "safe" protest vote after all (and thus may go third party).

What you say -might- be true in some instances, but let us assume this is the case. The left wing drumbeat that Trump is so beyond the pale no sane person would ever vote for him plays directly into this narrative, thus helping Trump win. Sooooooo. Yep.

As long as the mainstream Kleptocratic / War Mongering politicos and media bed buddies keep up with this line of thinking, Trump wins. He is the permanent outsider, even if seen to be winning in the polls. The more these people scream, the more he is entrenched in that postion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
)

Slatersteven, RSP barbs aside, I am very interested to know your take on the Cameron no show to the debates, divorced from political opinion. I took it as the ultimate contempt a politician could show the electorate, a brazen calculation that he had more to lose by showing up than staying away. And mind blowingly, he was correct.

I am not being facetious when I say I believe Hillary's campaign staff likely took his successful campaign into consideration with how he dealt with the media (unusually limited and limited access press scrums etc).

WRT Brexit, here we see the miscalculation on the "establishment's" part. The vote was in the bag, no one in their right mind would vote Brexit! This will shut those UKIPers up once and for all. OOOOPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
von wildensee wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

What you say -might- be true in some instances, but let us assume this is the case. The left wing drumbeat that Trump is so beyond the pale no sane person would ever vote for him plays directly into this narrative, thus helping Trump win. Sooooooo. Yep.

As long as the mainstream Kleptocratic / War Mongering politicos and media bed buddies keep up with this line of thinking, Trump wins. He is the permanent outsider, even if seen to be winning in the polls. The more these people scream, the more he is entrenched in that postion.
Except it was not just the left, his own party was saying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
)

Slatersteven, RSP barbs aside, I am very interested to know your take on the Cameron no show to the debates, divorced from political opinion. I took it as the ultimate contempt a politician could show the electorate, a brazen calculation that he had more to lose by showing up than staying away. And mind blowingly, he was correct.

I am not being facetious when I say I believe Hillary's campaign staff likely took his successful campaign into consideration with how he dealt with the media (unusually limited and limited access press scrums etc).

WRT Brexit, here we see the miscalculation on the "establishment's" part. The vote was in the bag, no one in their right mind would vote Brexit! This will shut those UKIPers up once and for all. OOOOPS.
I think you are Right about Cameron, he had more to lose then gain by entering into that final debate.

I think he was right, it is much easier to (as the torries did) attack the oppositions credibility when the electorate cannot compare the two face to face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
windsagio wrote:

Turns out he's a Gigolo.
shake Fred Garvin shall "disconfirm" that HE were the bigger sort, MAN-hands down! thumbsupwhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.