Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathon Palmer
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow talk about being clueless. They've had a Thoughthammer Banner over this site for how long? I buy most of my boardgames online and up until now mostly from Funagain.(Stupid Addicting Point System) But man its a crazy difference in price I was shopping around for a Master Copy of Descent and they are selling it for only like $59.95. Why the big difference in price? Do they hit your box with a sledge on the way to FedEx truck or what? Has anyone dealt with them before? Can someone recommend anyone better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both my wife and I shop Thoughthammer and have never had a problem with them.

In fact, I wholeheartedly recommend them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought from them with no issues before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer is a reputable company. I've ordered from them in the past, as have several hundred other folks here.

Different stores have different pricing strategies on games, hence you see similar prices on the majority of games, but you will find one dealer may have much better pricing on one game, while another is running a better deal on another.

Ordering from Thoughthammer, barring some bizzare chain of events, is a pretty sure thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like 'em. For other opinions see
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/tag/best-online-retailers

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer is definitely one of the best. Possibly *the* best, although I might have to give that position to Boulder by a hair, IMHO. I also like TimeWellSpent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also used both as well as Boards and Bits, Boulder, and TimeWellSpent.

They are all great places and I pretty much use them all depending on the price point on each. Unfortunately since I live in Texas I have to pay sales tax when ordering from Thoughthammer.

And as far as Descent goes, the price at TimeWellSpent is $49.75

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Voodooshoes wrote:
Why the big difference in price?

You will find that 30-35% off of retail is the standard price for games online. Funagain is just plain overpriced. I will admit that they have the most complete and best website, but otherwise, why bother with them. We aren't shopping online for a nifty website, we want our games cheap and fast.

I suggest sticking with boardsnbits, thoughthammer, or timewellspent. They have the lowest prices, great shipping discounts, and great selection. My first few large orders were with timewellspent and an awesome experience. My last few large orders have been with thoughthammer due to the higher amount of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Appley award winner, 1984
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only buy through Thoughthammer. Their customer service is friendly and prompt. Games are packed like a professional storefront should. Great selection. Heartily recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I often scream out "Thoughthammer" during sex. That's how much I dig 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rkalajian wrote:

ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
I often scream out "Thoughthammer" during sex. That's how much I dig 'em.

shake

My favorite place to order online: Thoughthammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer is the first place I go to look for a game. They are quick and reliable and overall very solid. I haven't bought from anywhere else ever since I discovered them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 orders and $1,200 poorer, I'm still happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer has good service. They are usually the first place I try to post my orders.

The only drawbacks are that they don't have very many children's games in stock, and they don't usually (or ever?) have imports, so sometimes I have to send some/all of my order to another company. But when Thoughthammer has the games I want, they always have great prices, and they ship quickly and I've never had any kind of dispute or dissatisfaction with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like Thoughthammer. I love Timewellspent. They have great service and are usually slightly cheaper than everybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Helms
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought Hammer is the place I normally buy games now. Overall, I have purchased more from Card Haus, but that will change soon. Their selection is just nowhere close to TH's. Never had any problems with damage or anything else. The shipping is usually pretty fast too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer is my primary source. Two thumbs up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
Possibly *the* best, although I might have to give that position to Boulder by a hair, IMHO.

If Boulder would get rid of that silly "kickback" shipping coupon and go with a 'free shipping per minimum order of $$$' concept like ThoughtHammer, I might agree. They seem to have new releases in stock a few days earlier than TH and are usually a little cheaper than TH.

I understand that the purpose of the kickback is to create a built-in loyalty, but you can get my loyalty by providing the best price / service.

edited for clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'll just chime in here and join the Thoughthammer choir. I also like boardsandbits, but only go there if Thoughthammer doesn't have the game I am looking for, like Diamant.

Funagain has the worst prices ever. I would never buy from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done quite a few orders from Thoughthammer, it use to be my first stop. I've done some from Fairplay games. And recently I've started getting some things at Boards and Bits and Timewellspent that Thoughthammer didn't have. A couple weeks ago I ordered from Thoughthammer, Boards and Bits, Timewellspent and Funagain (my first order from them) on the same day. I was kinda racing them. A co-worker put in an order from Boulder games the following day. We live in Florida. No surprise, Thoughthammer was here first. But it did beat the rest by about two business days. Ok so the others are on the other side of the country, but still.

I have to say that Thoughthammer has always done right by me. But, Board and Bits and Timewellspent have been quicker on responding to e-mails. (Thoughthammer has respond too and I don't have complaints). I really like the order history that Thoughthammer and Boards and Bits has. Timewellspent, unfortunately, has an order ording system.

I've also thought that Funagain was overpriced and have always ended up buying elsewhere. This time I ordered them to see how they compared speedwise AND I wanted to get Discovery. I also picked up a used game from them. The speed was the same as the rest. The used game was in good condition, though. So, I'll order from Funagain when it's a Funagain exclusive or a OOP used game that I can't get someplace else, but there are too many other good places cheaper.

Of course, it's all personal opinion and 'luck'. There are plenty of good places. And there are random bad things that can happen. Try Thoughthammer, you should be happy. But, ultimately if you like Funagain and are happy with them who are we to say different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cull wrote:
rkalajian wrote:

ditto

double-ditto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voodooshoes wrote:
Wow talk about being clueless. They've had a Thoughthammer Banner over this site for how long?
Good call, admitting you're clueless about thoughthammer - because you're right they've had a banner there, and in-line ads for most games, as well, and tons of discussion on the forums about them, for years. They simply have the lowest prices around (when you factor in their FRE SHIPPING over $125).

I just made my first order with them, and their flexibility, communication, and desire to satisfy my order was great!

Not only that, but with the March Madness sale, getting Battlelore for $45 (retails for $70) was a no-brainer! (That's like getting it at a store for $41.75)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barkam wrote:
Funagain has the worst prices ever.
My "FL"GS's are the worst prices ever.
Regularly, they are at retail (even for older, clearance-tpe games) or even above retail.... angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for Thoughthammer - great retailer which I recommend highly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.