Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Card 154 - Caretaker Contract rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Birrenkott
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What is the value of this card?

My understanding is that it has the same value as the "convert 8 heat into a raise temperature" action under more limited circumstances. It's only value would therefore be if the temperature is already maxed out or you want to spend 8 heat to gain a TP without increasing the temperature.

Is that true or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it. Late in the game temperature is often maxed out and players are still producing lots of heat. With this card, you can turn your worthless heat into TR (income and points).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Birrenkott
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I failed to realize is that because this is an action you can do it every turn too. So actually a useful heat dump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott_hi wrote:
The thing I failed to realize is that because this is an action you can do it every turn too. So actually a useful heat dump.

Actually, you can't. You can only do it once per generation (round).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I could have really used this card tonight when playing. I was sitting on a ton of heat with nothing to use it on. This would have been great.

Wonder who knowingly kept this from me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Birrenkott
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
Scott_hi wrote:

Actually, you can't. You can only do it once per generation (round).

Right - by turn I meant to say generation, following the typical blue card rule. For some reason I originally interpreted it as a one and done effect so it was the realization that you could repeat the effect at all that prompted my comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.