Subject: A simple tiny quality of life upgrade for the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mb
I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this, but since nobody mentioned it here, I'll share it with you:

All you need is four standard sized premium sleeves (65x90 mm) for the university cards - I used Swans.

First, they're now protected (mine already came a little scratched - out of the box - and even the painted foil started to peel off of the cards).

Second, and this is my favorite part, the builders now conveniently fit right behind the uni cards - into the sleeves -, which is rather handy since they're supposed to stay there until the end of the game.

And that's that, nohing special, but something that I think improves the game just one teeny little bit.

(Now of course this will only work if you don't intend to sleeve the builder cards, but I don't think the game needs sleeves that much anyway.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great suggestion!

Here's the wild part - I don't usually sleeve anything, so I don't generally have extra sleeves laying around. Except that TODAY I received a shipment from miniature market and it had a pack of promo sleeves in various sizes. After seeing your post I checked it out and, amazingly, this promo pack included exactly 4 sleeves exactly the right size for these cards! Wow!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mohasz wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this, but since nobody mentioned it here, I'll share it with you:

All you need is four standard sized premium sleeves (65x90 mm) for the university cards - I used Swans.

First, they're now protected (mine already came a little scratched - out of the box - and even the painted foil started to peel off of the cards).

Second, and this is my favorite part, the builders now conveniently fit right behind the uni cards - into the sleeves -, which is rather handy since they're supposed to stay there until the end of the game.

And that's that, nohing special, but something that I think improves the game just one teeny little bit.

(Now of course this will only work if you don't intend to sleeve the builder cards, but I don't think the game needs sleeves that much anyway.)

this is something that already has crossed my mind but never did it... maybe until now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.