Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to mix objective tiles?
Ie for a 3 player game, have 2 extermination tiles, 1 recovery tile, and give 1 player 2 demolition tiles.

I haven't tried it yet, but I feel it could add some nice variance to the gameplay with minimal rule changes or fiddliness. Would just need to compare some setups of similar difficulty on which objective slots to use before starting.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once did a solo game on the Alien Crash Site with the Easy Recon and Extermination combined, and that worked very well and was a lot of fun. I think it requires some testing of which objective locations can be combined without increasing the difficulty above what the players find desirable, but it can definitely be done with ease and leads to nice combined missions.

Personally, I am thinking about using the bonus tiles to set up a custom variant like "Search and retrieve", where there are two bonus tiles on two (random) objective spaces. They require Search dice instead of Movement dice, though, and once the first one has been filled, a coin flip decides whether the objective was actually there. If not, the game continues but there will be no coin flip but instant success at the other objective tile once filled. If the objective is on the spot that was searched, the bonus tile is replaced with a random Recon/Recovery tile and the mission proceeds as a regular Recovery mission.

I think a lot of fun can be had by mixing things up in whatever way you can come up with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we try making a 16 rounds game.. where we set up a extermination at easy and recon at medium. We did this because we noticed that the last both (And sometimes even the second) can be ignore depending on it speed and we wanted to play a bit more with the nice adquired loot.

it work ok exc that (duh!) transform the 2h game in 4h+ game lol

Co1980 wrote:
Personally, I am thinking about using the bonus tiles to set up a custom variant like "Search and retrieve", where there are two bonus tiles on two (random) objective spaces. They require Search dice instead of Movement dice, though, and once the first one has been filled, a coin flip decides whether the objective was actually there. If not, the game continues but there will be no coin flip but instant success at the other objective tile once filled. If the objective is on the spot that was searched, the bonus tile is replaced with a random Recon/Recovery tile and the mission proceeds as a regular Recovery mission.

oh I like that variation..
we are doing something similar "looking" for survivors, might modify like this.
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.