Hide
8 Posts

Trickerion: Legends of Illusion» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of game scoring (Dark Alley) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Onyx
msg tools
So, there was a bit of confusion in my group when we first played with Dark Alley. Are the payouts on the 36 fame tricks one-time, or do you receive them multiple times as long as you meet the requirements? The rulebook makes it seem as if each payout can only be earned once, but some of them seem a little... Underwhelming that way.
Do certain cards have different rulings for this, or am I just thinking too much into it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
My understanding is that the bonus payout is one-time only -- the icon with the hat-tipping (bottom half of card), I believe, that gives you X fame for each "thing" that you have. You still perform it for the regular payout listed at the top of the card, but the bonus is only for end-game scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The "Game End" scoring rules for the Dark Alley variant say:

Quote:
"Players may potentially also gain Fame points for their Tricks
with a Fame Threshold of 36. Each of these Tricks has a condition
printed on the bottom. If the Trick’s Component requirements
are met
, according to the condition the player scores Fame points
based on his assets at the end of the game
".

So yes, the bonus shown on the bottom of each level 36 Trick card is tallied only once - as a game end bonus.

The rulebook also shows an example:

Quote:
"Example
The player has the Assistant’s Revenge Trick in his Workshop, and he has the necessary Components for it. If he also has an Assistant at the end of the game, he receives 7 additional Fame in the end game scoring
".

(FYI, the Assistant's Revenge bonus says: "Receive 7 Fame if you have an Assistant.")

(bolding in above excerpts is mine)

You can see a somewhat detailed explanation of each level 36 Trick Bonus on page 21 of the revised rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
The specific one I was thinking of (can't remember the name) says 2* for an advanced component. Is it only worth two, or is it worth two for each one you have? (I'm at work and don't have the book in front of me, I don't remember seeing that breakdown but i'll check tonight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattonyx wrote:
The specific one I was thinking of (can't remember the name) says 2* for an advanced component. Is it only worth two, or is it worth two for each one you have? (I'm at work and don't have the book in front of me, I don't remember seeing that breakdown but i'll check tonight).

Went to check, if it's the Stairs of Water trick the text is:
"Receive 2 Fame for each Advanced Component in your Workshop (including Manager's Bonus Components)"

So, this means that every Advanced component tile that you have in your workshop scores you 2 fame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Muse23PT wrote:
mattonyx wrote:

Went to check, if it's the Stairs of Water trick the text is:
"Receive 2 Fame for each Advanced Component in your Workshop (including Manager's Bonus Components)"

So, this means that every Advanced component tile that you have in your workshop scores you 2 fame.

Okay, awesome. It seems my original judgment was correct. I'll have to read through the list later to get all the specifics, but thanks for helping me out here everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
bgm1961 wrote:

You can see a somewhat detailed explanation of each level 36 Trick Bonus on page 21 of the revised rulebook.

Uh, wait, the revised rulebook is from the most recent printing (including the Anachrony kickstarter), right? Because my page 21 show the magician powers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattonyx wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Uh, wait, the revised rulebook is from the most recent printing (including the Anachrony kickstarter), right? Because my page 21 show the magician powers...

It's also in the file section of the Trickerion BGG page. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/108952/trickerion-english...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.