Subject: Garrison removed by Machine gun fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg L

Massachusetts
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a garrison is not in the field of fire of a Japanese occupied hex but would be eligible to be hit by machine gun fire from that hex is the garrison removed?

Logically I think yes, although that makes the game a lot harder and the rules seem pretty clear that you have to be in the field of fire and the M action doesn't say you're adding a field of fire zone, it just says units can be hit.

I guess the same question would be for a mortar round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'd say: no
As you pointed out, the rules do not mention that Machinegun fire extends the field of fire of a unit.
(I'm aware there are arguments for the opposite view but since the game is almost impossible to win as it is let's give those garrisons the benefit of the doubt.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Martin. How is an M Fire Card different from an A assault/ambush? Those cards can cause enemies to charge into distant hexes and therefore technically, most of the map would qualify as ungarrisonable by that logic. I say the garrison rules applies to PRINTED fields of fire, not fire arising from cards or events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Confirming that a Garrison is removed only if in the printed field of fire of an occupied enemy position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.